In total, it takes 1 hour to cook nettle soup.
How to cook nettle soup
Young nettle – 200 grams
Potatoes – 4 pieces
Carrots – 2 pieces
Onions – 1 head
Meat broth – half a liter
Dill and parsley – half a bunch each
Salt and pepper – to taste
1. Wash nettles, put in a saucepan. Pour boiling water over and cook for 10 minutes after boiling.
2. Put the boiled nettle in a colander, cool and squeeze a little; then finely chop the nettle.
3. Wash potatoes, peel and cut into cubes.
4. Peel the carrots and grate on a coarse grater.
5. Peel and finely chop the onion. Wash and chop greens.
6. Heat the frying pan, pour in the oil, put the chopped onions and grated carrots, fry for 10 minutes , stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper before the end of frying.
7. Pour the meat broth into a saucepan, bring to a boil.
8. After boiling, put potatoes, onions, carrots into the broth and cook15 minutes .
9. Add nettle, salt, pepper and mix. Cook for 7 more minutes .
How to serve nettle soup
Nettle soup should be served with boiled eggs ( chicken or quail ), herbs and sour cream.
How to diversify nettle
soup Nettle soup can be cooked by replacing part of the nettle with sorrel – in this case, sorrel can be added 5 minutes before the end of cooking. Also, when serving nettle soup, you can sprinkle with thinly sliced smoked meats. Eggs can be poured directly into the soup pot up to 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
How long to cook nettle soup
Total cooking nettle soup takes 1 hour. If the meat broth also needs to be cooked, it will take another hour or two to cook it.