The soup is considered quite simple to prepare. Soak barley for mushroom soup for 8 hours, cook in soup for 40 minutes. If the mushrooms are dried, soak them for a couple of hours, cook for 20-30 minutes. Active time at the stove should be spent 30 minutes.
How to cook mushroom soup with barley
per pan 4 liters
Fresh mushrooms – 450 grams (or 50 grams dried)
Pearl barley – 4-5 tablespoons
Potatoes – 2 pieces
Carrots – 1 piece
Onion – 1 piece
Tomato paste – 1 teaspoon
Black peppercorns – 4 pieces
Black pepper ground – on the tip of a knife
Salt – to taste
Bay leaf – 2 pieces
Parsley and dill – 0.5 bunch
each Sunflower oil – 3-4 tablespoons
How to cook soup with barley and mushrooms
1. Boil a liter of water in a saucepan, reduce the heat.
2. Rinse 0.5 cup barley in a colander and place it in a water bath. Make sure that the colander itself does not touch the water. Leave the cereal to break up for half an hour.
3. Peel 450 grams of mushrooms from adhering grass, leaves and dirt, remove the skin from the cap from the oil, rinse, pour 3 cups of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes. If you use dried mushrooms instead of fresh ones (50 grams), then you don’t need to cook them, but simply pour boiling water over them and leave for 15 minutes.
4. Throw the mushrooms in a colander, and then cut into cubes.
5. Strain the broth in which the mushrooms were boiled through a sieve and bring to a boil. Add steamed cereal to it and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Wash 2 potatoes, peel, cut into medium cubes and put into soup.
7. Peel onions and carrots, chop finely and fry in sunflower oil (3-4 tablespoons) for 5 minutes.
8. Add mushrooms to the vegetable mixture and fry for another 5 minutes over moderate heat. Then pour in a teaspoon of tomato paste, a little boiling water and simmer over low heat for 3-4 minutes.
9. Put the roast in mushroom soup, salt, pepper and add 2 bay leaves.
10. Wash half a bunch of dill and parsley, chop and season the soup.
11. Turn off the gas, cover the pot with a lid and let the soup stand for another 10 minutes.
How to cook soup with barley more delicious
Although mushrooms and barley are very nutritious in themselves, and it’s sure that the soup from them will turn out rich and fragrant, you can add a little chicken broth when cooking. By the way, the chicken itself in the form of chopped pieces will also be appropriate in the soup.
How much barley to put
For each liter of the pan – 1 tablespoon of barley, keep in mind that even after soaking the barley increases in volume.
What kind of barley to put in soup
? Ordinary barley, pre-soaked in water for several hours, is perfect for soup. You can cook barley in cooking bags – this does not need to be soaked, but simply boil in time (usually 40-45 minutes) and add ready-made barley to the soup – 1 cup of boiled barley per 4 liter saucepan.
How much salt and when to put in the soup
Mushrooms for soup are soaked in salted water – thanks to this, the soup will definitely turn out at least a little salty. But it is recommended to add salt to the soup at the end of cooking, 5 minutes before the end of readiness, so that the barley remains soft.
What mushrooms to put in the soup
At the end of summer and autumn, any fresh forest mushrooms that give an oily broth will be appropriate: porcini, boletus, boletus, butterflies, kids, mossiness mushrooms, etc. – basically, any tubular. Russula, chanterelles and other agaric mushrooms can only be partially put into the broth, since the broth will not receive any richness from them. If you use them, then only on meat broth .
If mushroom soup is out of season, cook from dried or frozen ones.
Cooking from dried mushrooms
Usually dried mushrooms are sold in bags: 40-50 grams is enough for a 4 liter pan. Since the mushrooms are processed automatically and are often chopped very large, after soaking the mushrooms, check for debris, remove too hard basal parts, and cut them smaller if necessary.
Cooking from frozen mushrooms
Frozen porcini mushrooms, mushrooms, various mixtures of forest mushrooms, etc. are good for soup. The most common frozen mushrooms in stores are not suitable for soup, because. have a liquidish taste, therefore, they require either the addition of the above-mentioned mushrooms, or cooking in meat broth. For a 4 liter saucepan, 400-500 grams of frozen mushrooms are enough.
How long does mushroom soup last
3-4 days in the refrigerator.