Celery is stewed for 25 minutes over low heat.
Celery in soy sauce
Celery stalks (including the green part) – 8 pieces
Soy sauce – 3 tablespoons
Sherry (dry) or sake – 3 tablespoons
Sunflower (or olive) oil – 2 tablespoons
Sugar – 2 teaspoons
How to cook stewed celery in soy sauce
1 .Peel and cut the celery stalks into 2 cm pieces.
2. Boil celery in water until tender (7 minutes).
3. Throw the celery in a colander.
4. Heat up a frying pan and add oil.
5. Place celery, sake (or sherry), sugar and soy sauce in a skillet or saucepan.
6. Simmer over medium heat, stirring, until the liquid boils away (15 minutes).
Celery with vegetables
Celery root – 600 grams
Fresh tomatoes – 200 grams
Carrots – 160 grams
Onions – 120 grams
Meat broth – 200 grams
Butter – 50 grams
Pepper, salt – to taste
How to stew celery with vegetables
1. Rinse and clean the vegetables.
2. Cut the celery into 5 cm long bars.
3. Cut the carrots into strips.
4. Chop the onion into small cubes.
5. Remove the skin from the tomatoes and cut them into quarters.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté onions and carrots (do not brown).
7. Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and pour over the broth.
8. Simmer for 1 hour over low heat.