Fry the seeds in the microwave for 7-8 minutes at full power (800 watts). Roast the seeds in the
oven for 30 minutes – 20 minutes at a temperature of 160-170 degrees, stirring occasionally. Fry the seeds
in a frying pan for 10 minutes – 15 minutes over low heat.
How to choose seeds for frying?
Roasting seeds are bought for future use at the market or loose in large grocery stores – and, of course, these should be seeds that have not been previously roasted. Pot-bellied black seeds are considered the most delicious, but long striped ones may seem crunchier to someone, so be guided in this matter by your own preferences. Take a seed and peel it: you can see if the skin is thin, what is the shape of the nucleolus, how fat it is in the original version. Try to rub the nucleolus of the seed with your fingers – a good seed will not succumb immediately. Inspect the future purchase for plant debris, the presence of crumpled seeds – and, if everything is in order, feel free to buy.
How many seeds to roast?
For frying in a pan, in a microwave or a slow cooker, seeds are taken in 2-3 layers, in the oven – a maximum of 4-5. If you need to fry a lot of seeds, use several pans or even an oven – after all, several baking sheets can fit in it.
With or without salt?
The question of whether to salt the seeds when frying is always decided individually. Of course, a salty snack with uncontrolled use can have unpleasant consequences, but subject to restrictions, it can turn out to be more useful than a bland one. In total, there are three ways to salt the seeds before frying:
1. Express method – so that the salt soaks the crispy delicacy, dissolve it in boiling water and soak the seeds in brine for 10 minutes. For 250 grams of seeds, you need 1 tablespoon of salt.
2. A gentle way – dip a towel into the brine, and wrap the seeds in this towel for 12 hours. For 250 grams of seeds, you need 2 tablespoons of salt. At first it may seem that this is a lot, but in fact most of it will remain in the towel.
3. Dilute salt in water (1 teaspoon of salt and 50 milliliters of water are needed for 1 cup of seeds), add brine to the seeds at the very beginning of frying: as they cook, the salt will be absorbed into the seeds and the water will evaporate.
3. Extreme method – put the seeds (1 cup) wet after washing in a frying pan, immediately add half a teaspoon of salt, mix vigorously.
With or without oil?
Oil gives the seeds flavor and makes them crispy, so in general, oil should be added – 1 tablespoon of oil is enough for 250 grams of seeds. The oil should be unrefined, with a smell. It also happens that the seeds themselves are very fatty – they can be sprinkled with a few drops of oil at the end of frying, purely for flavor.
How to fry seeds in a pan?
1. For frying, select large pot-bellied seeds.
2. For 2 cups of seeds, prepare 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil and 1 teaspoon of salt.
3. Rinse the seeds thoroughly in a sieve to remove dust and debris, shake gently to make the water glass.
4. Put the pan on medium heat, add wet seeds – there can be several layers of seeds in the pan, about 4-5.
5. Spread the seeds over the entire surface of the pan, dry with constant stirring to remove moisture, 3-5 minutes.
6. Pour in the oil, add salt and mix.
7. Fry, stirring constantly with a wooden spatula, 12-15 minutes.
8. Ready roasted seeds will crackle a little – after such sounds, the fire should be kept to a minimum. Check the seeds for readiness to taste: the finished peeled seed will be pale yellow and crispy to the bite.
9. Cover the pan with a lid and leave to rise for 10 minutes, then cool and serve.
How to roast seeds in the microwave?
For roasting a small amount (1 cup) of seeds, the microwave is ideal because it roasts the fastest. 1. Rinse the seeds and shake them a little in a sieve.
2. Put the seeds in a deep plate, pour cold water, add a teaspoon of salt and dissolve.
2. Spread the seeds in an even layer on a wide plate with a maximum of 3 seeds.
3. Put the plate in the microwave and put it on for 1 minute at a power of 800-1000 watts.
4. Mix the seeds and put for another 1 minute. Repeat the procedure 5 times – the seeds should begin to crackle a little.
5. Cover the seeds with a lid and wait 10 minutes until they “reach” and become a little sweeter. Sprinkle with salt.
How to roast seeds in the oven (without oil)?
1. Wash 1-1.5 kilograms of seeds in a colander, drain the water.
2. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
3. Pour the seeds in 2-4 layers on a baking sheet, sprinkle with oil and salt, mix well.
4. Put the baking sheet on the middle level of the oven, cook the seeds for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, mix the seeds.
6. Put the baking sheet in the oven, cook for another 7 minutes.
7. Turn off the oven, transfer the seeds to a saucepan and cover with a lid. The seeds will infuse and after 10 minutes they can be served.
– Before frying, it is necessary to sort out seeds from pebbles and vegetable debris.
– To prepare well-salted seeds,.
– You can not add oil to the pan, then the seeds will taste a little drier. Thanks to the oil, the seeds are fried at a higher temperature, they turn out to be more crispy, fatty and fragrant.
– During frying, it is not recommended to add seeds so that they are fried evenly.
– A large number of seeds are recommended to be fried in several pans.
– Seeds instantly burn from a strong fire. To properly cook the seeds for the first time, carefully monitor the smoke: a light smoke indicates the complete readiness of the seeds, but a strong one indicates that the seeds are starting to burn. Take the pan off the heat and taste the seeds. Also keep in mind that the roasted seeds will be roasted for a couple more minutes due to the internal temperature after the fire is turned off.
How to roast peeled seeds?
Peeled seeds are also fried – they become more crunchy and fragrant.
1. Dissolve a couple of pinches of salt in 1/4 cup of boiling water, pour a glass of seeds with the solution and hold for 2-3 minutes, then drain the brine.
2. Put the dish with seeds in the microwave for 1.5 minutes and 800 watts, then remove and mix, return to the microwave again for 1.5 minutes. If necessary, repeat the procedure again.
3. At the end, mix the seeds and cover them with a lid for 10 minutes.
How to fry seeds in a slow cooker with oil and salt
1. Pour 2 cups of sunflower seeds into a colander and quickly (water should not be absorbed) wash under running water.
2. Pour the seeds on a paper towel, dry.
3. Pour the seeds into the multicooker bowl.
4. Dry for 10 minutes in the “baking” mode.
5. Open the slow cooker, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and mix the seeds.
6. Fry for another 10 minutes on the “baking” mode.
7. Open the slow cooker, add 1 teaspoon of finely ground salt, mix the seeds.
8. Leave the seeds in the slow cooker for 10 minutes on the “keep warm” mode.
9. Pour the seeds on a waffle towel, wrap and let cool.