In the oven , roast pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet for 20 minutes at a temperature of 190 degrees. Fry pumpkin seeds in a
frying pan for 30 minutes over low heat without a lid. Roast the pumpkin seeds in the
microwave for 5 minutes at full power.
How to roast pumpkin seeds
Fresh pumpkin seeds – 200 grams
Vegetable oil (preferably olive oil) – 30 ml Fine
salt – 1 teaspoon
Dried garlic (optional) – half a teaspoon
Recipe for frying pumpkin seeds in a pan
1. Place pumpkin seeds on a heated, oiled pan , in 1 layer.
2. Fry in a skillet for 20 minutes over low heat without a lid.
3. When roasting, pumpkin seeds should be constantly stirred to avoid burning.
4. The product is considered ready when the shell acquires a golden color.
5. Roasted seeds should be given time to cool so that they acquire a special taste and aroma.
Recipe for roasting pumpkin seeds in the oven
1. Rinse the seeds, removing excess pulp and fibers, dry for 1 hour.
2. Mix pumpkin seeds with oil and salt.
3. Preheat the oven to 140 degrees.
4. Put baking paper on a baking sheet, on top in 1 layer – pumpkin seeds.
5. Place a baking sheet with pumpkin seeds on the middle level of the oven, roast for 1 hour.
Recipe for frying pumpkin seeds in the microwave
1. Place pumpkin seeds in oil and salt on a plate in an even layer.
2. Put the dish with pumpkin seeds in the microwave and fry for 5 minutes at full power, leave in the microwave to cool for 10 minutes.
How to get pumpkin seeds
1. Cut the pumpkin in half or cut a hole in the top.
2. Scoop out the seeds along with the fibrous pulp, helping with a tablespoon.
3. Separate the seeds from the fibrous part – it is more convenient to do this with your hands.
4. Put the seeds in a colander and rinse with water, separate the remaining fibers and then drain the water.
5. Spread the seeds on a paper napkin in 1 layer, blot on top with another napkin.
6. Dry the seeds in the oven for several hours, or at room temperature for 7-9 days, or in the sun for 5-6 days.
Dried pumpkin seeds are ready to eat, but they can be fried to add flavor and aroma.
The benefits of pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds help to reduce the excitability of the nervous system and mitigate the effects of stress.
If you regularly use pumpkin seeds, then heavy metals (cadmium, lead), as well as cholesterol, are excreted from the body. Pumpkin seeds help increase the dynamism of the digestive process.
Pumpkin seeds contain:
1) zinc (immunity, hormones, skin and bone health),
2) phosphorus (brain function, nervous system),
3) magnesium (antistress, cardiovascular system),
4) iron (metabolic processes in the body)
Calorie pumpkin seeds – 700 kcal / 100 grams.
The price of pumpkin seeds is from 100 rubles / 100 grams (Moscow, June 2017).
Shelf life of pumpkin seeds
Store roasted seeds for 1 week. Seeds are stored unpeeled in a tightly closed container, in the absence of a shell, vegetable fats are oxidized and useful properties are lost.
The use of roasted pumpkin seeds in cooking
Pumpkin seeds can be added to fried and stewed vegetable dishes, fresh vegetable salads with herbs. Ground roasted pumpkin seeds should be put into cereals (both hot and cold) or sprinkled on sandwiches.
How to store pumpkin seeds
Seeds are stored unpeeled in a tightly closed container, in the absence of a shell, vegetable fats are oxidized and useful properties are lost.
How to choose the right pumpkin seeds
When buying pumpkin seeds, you should pay attention to the integrity of the shell. There should be no moisture in the pumpkin seeds, the smell should also be absent.