To cook apples, you need to spend 2 hours in the kitchen. Pickling period for apples – 1 week.
How to pickle apples
for 6-7 liters
Apples – 4 kilograms
Cloves – 20 dried buds
Cinnamon – 1/3 stick
Allspice – 10 grains
Water from browning – 2 liters
Water for pouring – 1.7 liters
Sugar – 350 grams
Vinegar 9% – 300 milliliters
Salt – 2 tablespoons
How to pickle apples
1. Wash and dry apples, cut in half (large ones – into 4 parts) and remove the seed box and stalks.
2. Dilute 2 tablespoons of salt in 2 liters of water, put apples there.
3. Keep apples in brine for 25 minutes, during which time heat 2 liters of water in a saucepan.
4. Put the apples in a saucepan with water, cook for 5 minutes and put with a slotted spoon in sterilized liter jars to the shoulders.
5. Continue to boil water, adding 350 grams of sugar, 20 clove buds, boil for 3 minutes, add vinegar and mix the marinade.
6. Pour apples with marinade, cover with lids.
7. Cover the pan with a towel, put jars of pickled apples on top, pour water (the water in the pan should be the same temperature as the water in the jar).
8. Keep the pot with jars on minimum heat, avoiding boiling (water temperature – 90 degrees), 25 minutes.
9. Close jars with pickled apples with lids, cool at room temperature and put away for storage.
– For pickling, use apples of small or medium size, dense, ripe, without damage and worms.
– Small apples can be pickled whole, without peeling and seed box. To taste, large apples can be cut into thin slices.
– Apples are completely marinated in 1 week, after which they are completely ready to eat.
– Apples are immersed in brine so that pickled apples do not have a dark glare.
– When adding sugar, it is important to take into account the sweetness of the apples themselves: for example, for sour varieties of our quantity (about 200 grams of sugar per 1 liter of water) is enough, and for sweet varieties, the amount must be slightly reduced – up to 100-150 grams per liter of water.
– Instead of vinegar, you can use citric acid – for every liter of water, 10 grams of lemon.