It takes 1.5 hours to prepare pepper stuffed with cabbage.
How to pickle stuffed peppers with cabbage
for a 3-liter jar
Bulgarian pepper – 10 pieces (1.5 kilograms)
Cabbage – a small fork (1.5 kilograms)
Carrots – 2 pieces (300 grams)
Chili pepper – 1 pod
Sugar – 6 tablespoons (150 grams)
Salt – 4 tablespoons (120 grams)
Vinegar 9% – 50 milliliters
Water – 1 liter
How to cook peppers stuffed with cabbage
1. Wash 10 bell peppers, carefully cut the stalks along with the seed boxes.
2. Chop the head of cabbage. In a deep bowl with your hands, without effort, mash the cabbage, adding a tablespoon of salt.
3. Grate the carrots (on a coarse grater), add to the cabbage and mix with your hands.
4. Peppers fill with cabbage and carrots, put in a deep bowl.
5. Pour a liter of water into a saucepan, add 6 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of salt. Heat to a boil.
6. Pour a teaspoon of vinegar essence into the prepared brine.
7. Pour the brine over the peppers, add the whole chili pepper. Cover the peppers with a plate on which to set oppression.
8. After 2 days, transfer the peppers to jars, add brine to the top, cover the jars with lids.
9. Divide the chili pepper into pieces and add one to each jar.
10. Sterilize jars of pepper: put in a wide saucepan, pour water to three-quarters of the height of the jars and start heating.
11. After the water in the pan boils, sterilize the jars for 10 minutes over low heat.
Close or roll up jars of pepper with lids. Let cool, wrapped in a towel.
– For the preparation of pickled peppers, use glass or enamel dishes .
– Pickled peppers with cabbage can not be sterilized: leave in a bowl with brine or transfer to jars, but store in the refrigerator. After about a week, the snack will be ready, its shelf life is 2 weeks.
– Garlic is added to the cabbage filling (our quantity is 1 head), chopped celery or parsley.
– Chili peppers can be cut lengthwise before laying – so it will give off bitterness better. However, care must be taken when handling chili peppers, as it can burn your hands.
– Pickled peppers stuffed with cabbage are an excellent appetizer for boiled potato or rice side dishes . The dish is also suitable for the festive table.
– An appetizer made from bell peppers of different colors looks spectacular.