Fry minced meat cutlets in a frying pan without a lid for 7 – 10 minutes on each side over medium heat, then add a little water for juiciness, and simmer covered for 5 – 10 minutes .
Fry semi-finished cutlets for 10 minutes on each side until golden brown, then add a couple of tablespoons of water, cover the pan with a lid and fry for another 5 minutes
How to fry meatballs
Products for frying minced meat cutlets (about 20 medium pieces)
Minced meat – 1 kilogram
Onion – 1 large head
Garlic – 2 teeth
Parsley or dill – 50 grams
Milk – 100 milliliters
White bread – 50 grams (5 pieces)
Flour – 50 grams (2 tablespoons with a slide)
Chicken eggs – 2 pieces
Recipe for cutlets
1. Defrost minced meat, put in a bowl.
2. Peel the onion, finely chop / chop with a blender or pass through a meat grinder. Add to mince.
3. Add 2 raw chicken eggs to the minced meat.
4. Finely chop the greens, add to the minced meat.
5. Break the bread into pieces.
6. Put the pieces of bread in a bowl, pour over milk, mash in milk, squeeze and add to minced meat.
7. Salt the minced meat (for 1 kilogram of minced meat – 2 teaspoons of salt without a slide) and mix all the ingredients well with your hands for 7 minutes.
8. Blind cutlets, roll in flour, put on a flat surface next to each other.
Flour for frying meatballs
Cutlets formed and ready to fry 9. Heat the pan for 2 minutes .
10. Pour in the oil and spread it over the entire surface of the pan.
11. Put the cutlets so that there is a distance between them from each other.
Cutlets in a heated pan 12. Shake the pan slightly to make the cutlets move a little. This action is necessary so that the cutlets do not stick to the pan and do not fall apart when turned over.
Cutlets, fried on one side 13. Fry the cutlets on both sides for 5 minutes over medium heat without a lid, you can increase the fire for a crust.
14. Turn the cutlets over, fry on a fire slightly less than medium under the lid for 5 minutes , you can add a couple of tablespoons of water so that the cutlets are well fried inside.
How to fry semi-finished meatballs
Frozen cutlets, bought in a store and being semi-finished products, must be put on a hot, oiled frying pan without defrosting. Fry over medium heat without a lid for 10 minutes on each side until golden brown, then add a couple of tablespoons of water, cover the pan with a lid and fry for another 5 minutes .
How to fry chicken Kiev
Chicken breasts – 4 pieces
Butter – 100 grams
Chicken eggs – 4 pieces
Breadcrumbs – 4 tablespoons
Parsley – 1 medium bunch
Salt and pepper – to taste
Lemon juice – from 1 lemon
Sunflower oil – 2 cups
How to fry Kiev cutlets in a frying pan
1. Soften the butter at room temperature, mix it with chopped parsley, salt (1 teaspoon) and lemon juice, roll into a sausage and refrigerate until it hardens.
2. Remove the skin from the chicken breast, cut off the meat from the wing so that the bone to the joint is completely bare.
3. Divide the breast into 2 unequal parts and remove the white tendon from the small part.
4. Cut small and large fillets in half lengthwise.
5. Beat the small fillet, salt and pepper, put in some of the frozen butter, wrap tightly.
6. Wrap the folded small fillet with a large chicken fillet, wrap tightly. You should get the shape of a spruce cone.
7. So that the Kiev cutlet does not lose its shape, you can pierce it with toothpicks (just remember to remove them before serving!).
8. Beat chicken eggs, salt (1 teaspoon) and mix.
9. Pour oil into a deep frying pan, put on medium heat and warm.
10. Roll each cutlet in the egg.
11. Roll each cutlet in breadcrumbs, then again in egg and breadcrumbs.
12. Put the chicken Kiev on the pan, then bread the other cutlets too and put in the oil.
13. Fry the Kiev cutlets over high heat for 7 minutes , then turn the cutlets and fry for another 7 minutes .
Fry semi-finished Kiev cutlets for 15 minutes over medium heat, periodically turning over, and then with the addition of water for 10 minutes – without a lid in a pan.
How much to fry cutlets from different minced meat?
Cutlets from different minced meat will differ in the required frying time. Here’s how long medium-sized cutlets (weighing 70 grams) from different minced meat will be fried:
Beef meat takes the longest to cook, so beef cutlets should be kept in the pan for at least 10 minutes on each side, then stew for 3 minutes under the lid.
Fry cutlets from mixed minced pork and beef for 9 minutes on each side, then simmer under the lid for 2 minutes.
Minced pork cutlets cook a little faster – they need 7 minutes of frying on each side to brown, and 2 minutes of simmering under the lid.
Chicken cutlets cook just as long as turkey cutlets– 7 minutes on high heat without a lid, then 5 minutes under a lid.
Fish cakes fry the fastest – literally 5 minutes on each side.
Fry delicious meatballs
– If you are preparing minced meat at home, it is recommended to slightly freeze the meat so that it is easier to grind in a meat grinder. Meat for minced meat is recommended to be cut by weight in one long strip.
– It is necessary to fry the cutlets in a frying pan that is well heated for 1-2 minutes so that the cutlets are covered with a crust and the cutlets do not lose their juiciness. You can check the pan by dropping a drop of water – if the oil starts splashing a little, the pan is ready for frying cutlets.
– When all the cutlets are placed on the pan, it is necessary to slightly move each of the cutlets from its place so that the cutlet does not burn on the pan.
– If you cannot turn the patty over or the spatula is too wide, you can additionally lightly pick up the patty with a fork.
– The readiness of the cutlets is checked by piercing the cutlet with a fork – if clear juice stands out – the cutlets are sufficiently fried and ready to serve.
– To check the heat of the oil, you can drop a drop of water into the oil; if a drop sizzles in the oil, it means that the pan is ready for frying cutlets.
– To cook cutlets in sauce, you can pour them over cutlets 3 minutes before cooking.
– If you have not cooked the cutlets and they are still raw inside, return them to the hot pan, pour in a quarter cup of water, cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
– In order to fry many cutlets quickly, you can use several pans. In 3 frying pans, fry cutlets from a given amount of food for 1 hour.
– To properly fry cutlets, it is important to pay attention toattention to salt . To make the cutlets moderately salty, 1 teaspoon of salt with a slide is enough for 1 kilogram of minced meat. For medium salinity, you need 1.5 teaspoons of salt with a slide. For a strong salinity of minced meat, 1 tablespoon of salt without a slide is needed. Minced meat for cutlets should be well salted before frying, it will be too late to salt fried cutlets. Tip – if you did not salt the minced meat for cutlets before frying, either serve the cutlets chopped and lightly sprinkled with salt, or with salty sauce, or just salt the sauce if it is not salty.
– You can fry cutlets on the cracklings remaining from the previous batch of cutlets, adding a little oil.
– Turn the patties away from you to reduce the risk of oil splash and burns. Try to turn the patties smoothly so that they do not splash into the oil and do not splash in order to avoid contamination of the kitchen and appliances. If drops of oil do get on the work surface, immediately wipe the oil with a napkin.
– Bread is added to minced meat so that the cutlets do not become dry. The crumb of stale bread, soaked in milk, gives moisture to cutlets when frying.
We vary minced meat for cutlets
– To taste, in the recipe you can replace the bread soaked in milk with black bread (without a crust and it also needs to be soaked in milk), semolina, crushed crackers from white bread or potato starch – 5-6 tablespoons, oatmeal or bran – 4- 5 tablespoons. You can also use grated potatoes (2 medium potatoes) or zucchini (1 small) instead of bread.
– It is possible to make patties without eggs – eggs are added, for the most part, for easy formation of patties and to keep them in shape. To keep the shape of the cutlets without eggs, it is enough to remove the formed and breaded cutlets into the freezer and hold there for about 20 minutes. By the way, the breading, if you freeze the cutlets, is not sprinkled in oil.
– You can cook cutlets from mixed minced meat, for example, combine minced pork with turkey, pork with chicken, pork and beef.
– Instead of vegetable oil, for frying cutlets, you can use butter (instead of each tablespoon of vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons of butter) or meat and poultry fat (instead of each spoonful of vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons of fat) – it should be finely chopped and heated in a pan.
– If lean meat is used, you can add juiciness to the cutlets by adding a little chopped bacon to the minced meat.
– Onions in minced meat can be chopped in a meat grinder, chopped, grated and then beat in a blender. It is believed that cutlets with onion chopped in a blender are softer and more airy due to the air that nourished the onion during beating.
About storage and more
– Ready cutlets should be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, for long-term storage cutlets are put in the freezer. There they can be stored for several months. However, if you once froze and thawed cutlets – do not freeze them anymore, fry them.
– As a breading for cutlets, you can use, in addition to flour, breadcrumbs, chopped oatmeal, sesame seeds, ground walnuts or semolina. The breading left over from frying cutlets, as a rule, cannot be used for something else and the leftovers will have to be thrown away. Part of the breading can be used by pouring the last batch of cutlets on the unfried side of the cutlets. These cutlets will be with a more pronounced crust.
– The average weight of a cutlet is 50-55 grams, when it is fried, it will decrease to 40-45 grams.
– The bowl of minced meat must be poured with cold water, left for a couple of minutes, then scraped with a spoon and drained not into the sink, otherwise there will be a blockage.