Cook hare meat in a saucepan for 1 hour after boiling. Boil the whole hare for 1.5-2 hours. Boil the hare for soup for 2 hours.
How to cook rabbit
1. Put a fresh hare carcass in cold water for 1 day, putting it in a cold place. If the hare is old or has a strong smell, pour 2 tablespoons of 9% vinegar into the water.
2. Rinse the carcass, cut off large veins, pull off the film, if necessary, cut into portions.
3. Put the hare in a saucepan, pour fresh water, add salt and pepper, 1 carrot and onion, cook for 1-1.5 hours, if the hare is large – 2 hours.
How to cook rabbit soup
per pan 4 liters
Hare – 1 carcass weighing 600-800 grams
Potatoes – 5 pieces of medium size
Tomatoes – 2 pieces (or 1 tablespoon of tomato paste)
Rice – 1/3 cup
Green onion – half a bunch
How to cook soup with hare
1. Put the hare in a saucepan, add water and leave for a day or at least overnight.
2. Change the water, rinse the hare carcass and return it to the pan, put it on a large fire and reduce it after boiling.
3. Boil the broth for 2 hours, put the carcass on a plate to cool.
4. Peel the potatoes, cut into cubes and put in the broth.
5. Add washed rice to the broth.
6. Peel onions and carrots, chop and fry in vegetable oil until golden brown.
7. Pour boiling water over the tomato, peel, chop and add to the vegetables, mix and simmer for 5 minutes under the lid.
8. While the vegetables are stewing, separate the meat, cut into pieces and return to the broth.
9. Add the frying to the broth, mix and cook for 10 minutes.
Hare meat should be bought only from trusted hunters. The most delicious meat is considered to be that of a mountain hare-hare. The most tender meat is in a young hare up to 1 year old.
The calorie content of hare is 182 kcal, hare meat is very easy to digest and is considered dietary. Hare meat is much more tender than rabbit meat. You can distinguish hare meat by dark red meat and almost complete absence of fat. The structure of hare meat is tougher than that of a rabbit, however, with proper cutting and pickling, it becomes soft and meaty juicy, with a hint that tastes like chicken liver.