Put a large piece of horse meat weighing 1-1.5 kilograms in a saucepan with cold water and cook for 2 hours . Old or low grade horse meat will take an hour longer to cook. Young horse meat 9-10 months old (colt) should be boiled for half an hour less.
Cook horsemeat cubes for 1 hour.
How to cook horse meat
1. Wash the horse meat, remove large pieces of fat and veins.
2. Put the horse meat in a saucepan, pour cold water over medium heat.
3. After boiling, remove the resulting foam – follow the foam for the first 10 minutes of cooking.
4. Cover the pan with a lid, cook horse meat for 1.5 hours, then add salt and continue cooking for another half hour.
5. Check horse meat for softness with a knife or fork. If soft, the horsemeat is cooked.
How to put out horse meat
Horse meat – half a kilo
Onions – 1 head
Carrots – 1 piece
Potato – 5 pieces
Mustard, salt, seasonings – to taste
Preparation of stewed horse meat
1. Cut horse meat into small pieces, salt, pepper, add spices, mix and leave in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Put the meat, leave the marinade.
3. Fry the meat over high heat (in butter) for 15 minutes.
4. Stew potatoes with onions and carrots, put in meat, add marinade and simmer for another 1 hour.
How to cook horse meat in mineral water
Carbonated mineral water – 0.5 liters
Horse meat – half a kilo
Onions – 1 large head
Carrots – 1 large
Salt and pepper – to taste
How to cook horsemeat
1. Pour mineral water into a saucepan.
2. Wash the horse meat, cut off the veins, rub with salt and pepper, put in a saucepan with mineral water, cover and leave to marinate for 2-3 hours.
3. Put the horse meat out of the mineral water, pour fresh running water.
4. Boil horse meat for 1 hour after boiling, removing the foam.
5. Add peeled onions and carrots, salt.
6. Cook the horse meat for another 30 minutes, tightly covering the pan with a lid and reducing the heat: the horse meat should be cooked with a slight boil.
7. Horse meat is cooked – it can be served as a ready-made dish, or used in recipes.
Horsemeat broth can be strained and used to make soups or sauces . For example, on the basis of horse meat broth, shurpa is cooked .
In order for the horse meat to become soft after cooking, it is recommended to process it: remove the veins and veins. Horse meat can also be marinated before cooking: dilute 1 tablespoon of vinegar in 1 liter of water, stir in the spice solution, a few chopped garlic cloves and a little salt. Keep the horse meat in the marinade for 2-3 hours, covered with a lid. You should also be careful about adding salt: it is better to salt horse meat half an hour before the end of cooking.
The type of meat of an adult animal affects the cooking time and softness of boiled horse meat: cook second and third grade horse meat for half an hour or an hour longer.
Meat from the back, chest, lower back, groin, hips cook for 2-3 hours.
Boil the meat of the neck and shoulder blades for 2.5 hours.
Boil the meat from the shins and forearms from 4 hours.
Boil old horsemeat from 4 hours.
Calorie content of boiled horse meat – 200 kcal / 100 grams.