Pieces of hazel grouse cook for 40 minutes . Whole hazel grouse cook for 1 hour .
How to cook hazel grouse
1. Thoroughly rinse the hazel grouse carcass and, if necessary, cut into pieces.
2. Place the bird in a pot of cold water and leave to soak for 1 hour. This will give the meat additional juiciness, while retaining all the nutritional properties.
3. Replace the water in the pan, the water should completely cover the bird.
4. Put the pan on moderate heat, cover with a lid.
5. A whole carcass needs to be boiled for 1 hour, and 40 minutes are enough to cook the pieces.
6. When cooking, remove the foam.
7. Salt should be a ready-made bird.
8. A fully cooked hazel grouse can be easily pierced with a fork or knife. If the consistency is still rubbery, cook the hazel grouse for another 10 minutes.
Hazel grouse – 3 carcasses
Carrots (large) – 1 piece
Onion – 1 piece
Parsley (root) – 1 piece
Vermicelli (small) – 1 handful
Dill and parsley – 0.5 bunch
each Leaf celery – 1 bunch
Olive oil – 3 tablespoons tablespoons
Salt – to taste
How to cook grouse soup
1. Rinse 3 carcasses of gutted grouse, pour cold water and soak for an hour.
2. Peel carrots, parsley root and onions and cut into large pieces.
3. Pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a cauldron or thick-walled pan and fry the root vegetables for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
4. Cut each carcass of hazel grouse into 4 pieces, add to vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Pour the hazel grouse with 3 liters of cold water, salt to taste and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
6. If foam forms on the surface of the broth, collect it with a spoon and pour it into the sink.
7. Remove the root vegetables from the soup and cook the soup for another 15 minutes.
8. Rinse a bunch of leaf celery and half a bunch of dill and parsley, dry.
9. Chop the greens and put them into the soup together with a handful of small vermicelli.
10. Stir the contents of the pan and cook for another 6 minutes.
The grouse soup is ready!
Chowder of hazel grouse
Fritillary – 3 carcasses
Onions – 2 pieces
Pork fat – 40 grams
Rice – 1/2 cup
Water – 2 liters
Salt, black pepper – to taste
How to cook hazel grouse stew
1. Thoroughly rinse 3 hazel grouses and cut each carcass into 4 pieces.
2. Fold the hazel grouse in a cauldron, pour water to a height twice as high as the pieces of the bird and put on moderate heat. As soon as the fritillaries boil, remove the resulting foam.
3. Peel 2 onions from the husk, finely chop and fry in lard (a small 40 gram piece is enough) until golden brown.
4. Put the onion in the stew, stir and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Rinse half a glass of rice in a bowl in several waters and also add to the soup.
6. Salt and pepper the broth to taste, reduce the gas and cook the soup until cooked (rice should become soft, and the hazel grouse should be pierced freely with a thick needle).
– The average weight of one hazel grouse is 350 grams.
– Before cooking, you can pre- treat the hazel grouse for juiciness with milk. To do this, the bird carcass should be put in a saucepan with cold milk, brought almost to a boil and immediately removed from the heat, kept in milk for 1 hour and then boiled.
– The readiness of the meat can be checked with a thick needle – it should freely enter and exit the carcass.
– The hazel grouse is considered a dietary product. 100 grams contains just over 250 kilocalories.
– The meat of hazel grouse is very useful . Game is rich in B vitamins (improve metabolism, strengthen the nervous system), as well as potassium (normalizes the cardiovascular system), phosphorus (strengthens teeth and bones, promotes muscle activity) and sodium (normalizes the water-salt balance in the body and work kidneys).
– Real hazel grouse meat is quite difficult to buy. Often, under the guise of this game, trimmings of turkey thighs or gherkin chickens are sold in the markets, so it is recommended to take the hazel grouse in its entirety in order to avoid fakes, and it is best to hunt the bird yourself or buy from familiar hunters.
– Game meat tastes a little dry, but at the same time quite tender, with a slight bitter taste and smell of resin.
— The hazel grouse is a perishable product . Fresh poultry should be stored in the refrigerator for no more than a day, and in the freezer for no more than a month.