Rinse the duck stomachs, remove the films and fat, put in salted boiling water (there should be enough water to cover the stomachs), cook for 1 hour.
How to boil duck stomachs
1. Clean duck stomachs from films and fat, blood clots, wash in cool running water.
2. Pour 1.5-2 liters of cold fresh water into a saucepan, place over high heat, bring to a boil.
3. Pour half a teaspoon of salt into the boiled water, put a few peas of black pepper, lower the duck stomachs, cook for 1 hour.
4. Put a couple of bay leaves 15 minutes before readiness.
5. Put the duck stomachs in a colander, let the water drain.
6. Salt duck stomachs directly when preparing dishes from them.
Salad with duck stomachs
Duck gizzards – 400 grams
White bread garlic croutons – 50 grams
Potatoes – 2 tubers
Any salad dressing, mayonnaise or olive oil – 3 tablespoons
Lime – half a lemon
Mung bean salad – 500 grams
Sunflower oil – 200 milliliters
How to cook a salad with duck stomachs
1. Peel duck stomachs from fat, films, blood clots, rinse in cool water.
2. Pour 1.5-2 liters of fresh cold water into a saucepan, place over high heat, bring to a boil.
3. Put salt into the water, lower the duck stomachs, cook for 1 hour.
4. Pour oil into the pan, heat for several minutes over medium heat, fry the boiled duck stomachs for 5 minutes.
5. Peel the potatoes, cut into squares a centimeter thick.
6. Pour 150 milliliters of sunflower oil into the pan, heat over high heat for 3 minutes, fry the potatoes in oil for 15-20 minutes, so that it becomes covered with a hard golden crust on the outside, and becomes soft like french fries inside.
7. Wash mung bean salad.
8. Prepare four serving cups, put the mung bean salad in each, pour the sauce on top, lay the french fries in an even layer, top the croutons, pour the sauce, the last layer is the duck stomachs, pour the sauce again.
9. Sprinkle lime juice on top of the salad.
– To remove the film from the duck stomach , you need to cut the stomach in half, take the film by the edge and remove it with your hands or scrape it off with a knife. To make the film easier to remove, you can first pour boiling water over the stomach.
– Caloric content of duck stomachs is 143 kcal / 100 grams.
– The cost of duck stomachs is 200 rubles / kilogram (on average in Moscow as of June 2017).
— Duck stomachs are especially popular in France. In this country they are sold canned, added to soups, salads, stews, pies. In the city of Bordeaux, the famous Aquitaine salad, salade Landaise, is prepared with confit duck stomachs.