Cook duck necks for 40 minutes.
How to cook duck necks
1. Rinse duck necks under cool running water.
2. Cut each neck into two identical parts, making an incision in the soft places between the vertebrae, you can feel these places with your fingers.
3. Pour fresh cool water into a saucepan, place over high heat, bring to a boil.
4. Add a teaspoon of salt, duck necks to the pan, keep for 40 minutes over medium heat.
Duck necks in a slow cooker
1. Rinse the duck necks under cool running water, divide into several equal parts so that the necks fit on the bottom of the multicooker bowl.
2. Lubricate the bottom of the multicooker bowl with vegetable oil.
3. Put duck necks in a bowl, pour 1.5-2 liters of cold fresh water, add salt – half a teaspoon, turn on the cooking mode for an hour and a half.
Duck neck soup
Duck necks – 1 kilogram
Potatoes – 5 tubers
Tomatoes – 1 piece
Carrots – 1 piece
Onions – 1 head
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
Bay leaves – 2 leaves
Black pepper – 5 peas
Basil – 1 sprig (can be replaced with a pinch of dried)
Salt – half a teaspoon
How to cook duck neck soup
1. Wash duck necks in cool running water, cut into several pieces.
2. Put the duck necks in a saucepan, pour 2.5-3 liters of cool water.
3. Place the pot with necks over medium heat, bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low, cook the necks for 3 hours, so that the meat begins to move away from the bones.
5. Wash, peel potatoes and carrots, cut potatoes into squares 2 centimeters thick, carrots into plates several millimeters thick.
6. Remove the husk from the onion, cut into thin half rings.
7. Wash the tomato, dip it in boiling water for a couple of minutes, remove the skin, cut into squares 2 centimeters thick.
8. Remove the necks from the pan, put on a flat plate, separate the meat from the bones with your hands.
9. Pour half a liter of water into the pot with broth, bring to a boil over high heat.
10. Put potatoes in the broth, cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
11. Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan, place over medium heat, heat for several minutes.
12. Fry onions for 5 minutes, add carrots, fry for another 5 minutes.
13. Add meat from duck necks, salt, pepper to the fried vegetables, simmer for 7 minutes.
14. Put a tomato in a pan with meat and vegetables, mash it with a spoon, cook for 3 minutes.
15. Put dressing from vegetables and meat into the broth, add a sprig of basil, bay leaves, bring to a boil, cook for 5 minutes.
16. Remove bay leaves and basil from the broth, discard them.