Before cooking, clean and wash the chicken hearts while the water boils. Cook chicken hearts for 30 minutes in salted water over low heat.
Before frying, boil chicken hearts for 10 minutes, or fry (stew) without cooking.
How to boil chicken hearts
Chicken hearts – 600 grams
Onions – 1 head
Bay leaf – 3 leaves
Salt – half a teaspoon
How to cook in a saucepan
1. Clean the chicken hearts from the accumulation of blood in the chambers, slightly squeezing each heart.
2. Remove films, vessels, fat.
3. Rinse the chicken under cool water, squeeze with your hands, if necessary, cut each heart in half.
4. Pour 2-2.5 liters of water into the pan, wait for it to boil over medium heat.
5. Put the chicken hearts, let it boil again, cook for 10 minutes.
6. Drain the water from the pan, pour new cool water so that it covers the hearts, let it boil again.
7. Remove the resulting foam.
8. Add salt, black pepper, whole peeled onion, bay leaves, cook for 20 minutes. How to cook in a slow cooker
1. Put the cleaned and washed hearts into the multicooker bowl, pour in 1.5-2 liters of cool water, put half a teaspoon of salt, close the bowl.
2. Turn on the “Extinguishing” mode for 30 minutes.
How to cook in a double boiler
1. Put the peeled and washed chicken hearts on the first tier of the double boiler, sprinkle salt evenly on top – half a teaspoon, cover with a lid.
2. Pour water into the steamer, turn on for 40 minutes.
– The cost of chicken hearts – 180 rubles. (on average in Moscow as of June 2020).
– Calorie boiled – 145 kcal / 100 grams.
– To properly clean chicken hearts, it is necessary to cut off fat, blood vessels, cut each one in half lengthwise and rinse thoroughly from blood. Fat, blood vessels and blood are edible, but they give the finished dish a fatty flavor and calorie content.
– The weight of 1 cleansed heart is about 20 grams.
– During cooking, the broth is formed quite rich, sufficient for making soups.
– If storage conditions are violated or poor quality offal, the hearts after cooking can be hard. To make them softer, boil them in cream or milk and add salt at the end of cooking.
– The smell of chicken hearts should be fresh, not too bright. If chicken hearts smell like chemistry, this is a sign of poor-quality processing. Chicken hearts are also very susceptible to absorbing foreign odors. Add aromatic spices or soak the hearts in a solution of vinegar or lemon juice to ward off odors.
– Chicken hearts can be bitter if not handled properly. In order for the hearts not to be bitter, it is necessary to carefully remove the blood and cut off the fatty parts.
Chicken Heart Soup
per pan 4 liters
Hearts – 500 grams
Potatoes – 4 pieces
Steamed rice – 4 tablespoons
Onions – 1 large head
Carrots – 1 large
Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
Green onions – 7-10 stalks
Bay leaf – 1 piece
Salt and pepper – taste
How to cook heart soup
1. Clean hearts from blood clots and large veins, cut off excess fat.
2. Wash under running cold water, gently squeezing each heart in your fingers to squeeze out the blood.
3. Pour 2.5 liters of water into the pan, put on fire.
4. Put the offal in a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes over low heat, removing the foam with a slotted spoon.
5. Peel the potato tubers, cut into cubes with a side of 2 centimeters and put in a saucepan.
6. Rinse the rice and put it in a saucepan, cook for 20 minutes.
7. Peel, chop and finely chop the onion, carrot, fry in oil until the onion turns golden.
8. Wash and chop green onions.
9. Add frying and greens to the soup, salt and pepper to taste, cook for another 5 minutes.