Put the barley soaked in the pan on the fire. Chop the onion and add to the barley. Add salt, pepper, lard. Boil for 50 minutes, cool slightly. Add strained blood, spices to barley and stir. Rinse the intestines inside and out. Soak the intestines in salt water for half an hour. Stuff the intestines with minced meat. Tie up the sausages. Boil 10 minutes. Hang, cool and remove the threads. Fry blood on a frying pan or grill for 5-7 minutes. Total cooking will take 3 hours.
How to cook blood sausage
Products for 15 sausages 15 cm
Beef or pork blood – 0.5 liters
Pork intestines – 1.8 meters
Barley – 1 glass
Salo – 200 grams
Onions – 1 large head
Salt – 1 tablespoon
Ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
Oregano – 1 teaspoon
Marjoram – 1 tablespoon
Water – 5 cups
How to cook black pudding
1. Rinse barley until clear water, pour running water and leave for 3 hours.
2. Pour barley with 3 cups of water.
3. Put the pan with barley on the fire.
4. While the water is boiling, peel and finely chop the onion.
5. After boiling water, add the onion to the barley, mix. 6. Add salt, pepper, chopped lard.
7. Boil barley porridge for 50 minutes, cool slightly.
8. Add pre-strained beef blood, black pepper, oregano and marjoram to barley – mix well.
9. Rinse the pork intestines from the outside, turn out, clean and rinse thoroughly from the inside.
10. Pour 2 cups of water into a bowl, salt and mix.
11. Put the intestines into the water and leave for half an hour.
12. Drain the water from the intestines, stuff them through the funnel with minced meat, not very tightly.
13. Bandage the sausages with threads and prick with a needle in 5-10 places.
14. Fill the blood sausage with water so that it completely covers the sausages.
15. Boil sausages after boiling for 10 minutes.
16. Cool the sausages in limbo and remove the threads.
17. Before serving, fry blood in a skillet or on the grill for 5-7 minutes.
When adding salt to the sausage, you need to be careful, because. the blood itself has a salty taste.
Barley in a blood drop recipe can be replaced with the same amount of buckwheat , semolina or rice. In Estonia, as a rule, they cook blood with barley, in Ukraine – with buckwheat.
The pork intestines in the blood sausage recipe can be replaced with beef intestines.
For softness, you can add a little milk to the minced sausage (100 milliliters of milk per 1 kilogram of blood).
Intestines are quite difficult to find in stores, they are usually ordered in advance in butcher shops.
In part, you can replace the blood with chopped offal (in this case, boil the blood for 1 hour).
The readiness of blood sausage is determined by punctures – if the juice released from the sausage is transparent, then the sausage is ready.
The shelf life of blood sausage is 2-3 days in the refrigerator.