Simmer julienne in a frying pan for 30 minutes.
How to stew julienne in a pan
Fresh forest mushrooms or champignons – half a kilo
Chicken fillet – 300 grams
Onions – 1 head
Sour cream – 200 grams
Milk – 200 milliliters
Flour – 1 tablespoon
Russian cheese or similar – 200 grams
Butter – cube 3x3x3 centimeters
Salt, sugar – to taste
How to cook julienne in a frying pan
1. Preheat the frying pan, add flour, warm up a little and turn off the fire.
2. When the flour has cooled, put the butter on it and return the pan to a quiet fire.
3. Mix the flour with butter with frequent stirring.
4. Stirring constantly, pour in milk, after boiling – sour cream.
Close the julienne sauce with a lid and leave.
5. If forest mushrooms are used – clean, wash, boil and cut them.
6. If champignons are used, wash and chop finely.
7. Wash the chicken fillet, dry it, cut it thinly.
8. Heat the pan, put the finely chopped onion, fry for 3 minutes.
9. Add chicken pieces and fry until the red color of the meat disappears.
10. Put the mushrooms and fry, stirring, 20 minutes.
11. Salt and pepper julienne and mix well.
12. Pour mushrooms with chicken with sour cream sauce, mix and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
13. Arrange the julienne in cocottes, sprinkle each serving with grated cheese.
Then put each cocotte maker in the microwave for 1 minute at a power of 500 W to melt and brown the cheese.
– According to the classic recipe , julienne is baked in the oven, as a result of which a ruddy cheese crust forms on top. To create such an effect, it is necessary, after unfolding the cocotte makers, sprinkle with cheese and put the cocotte makers in the microwave for browning. Keep in mind that metal cocotte makers are not suitable for the microwave and can ruin the dish. In extreme cases, use a conventional oven – preheat the oven to 180 degrees and put the cocottes with julienne in it for 5-7 minutes. In this case, you can bake julienne even in home-made disposable foil molds.
– Serve julienneas an appetizer before hot meals. Garnish for julienne is not needed. Julienne is served hot right in the cocotte bowl with a tea or coffee spoon and a napkin. Since cocotte makers are usually very hot, saucers covered with a napkin are placed under the cocotte makers. In order not to get burned, the handle of the cocotte maker is also wrapped in a napkin.
– Instead of cocotte makers , you can use tartlets, buns with a dense crust, as well as large boiled potatoes.
– Instead of fried chicken , you can use boiled chicken.
– If you want to cook low-calorie julienne , you can slightly break the classic recipe and add turkey fillet instead of chicken, which can be boiled before baking, and not fried.