Fry each cake for 1 – 2 minutes over medium heat without a lid.
Flatbreads in a frying pan
for 10 pieces
Wheat flour – 600 grams (3 cups)
Curdled milk or kefir – 100 grams
Water – 150 milliliters
Sugar – 25 grams
Soda – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 0.5 tablespoons
Butter or margarine – 50 grams
Vegetable oil or ghee butter – 350 grams
How to cook cakes in a pan
1. Sift 600 grams of flour into a large bowl.
2. Melt the butter or margarine over low heat for 10 minutes.
3. In flour, make a funnel into which pour 100 grams of kefir (yogurt) and 50 grams of melted butter (margarine). Add 25 grams of sugar to the flour.
4. Pour 1 teaspoon of soda into a saucer, add 3 drops of vinegar and mix.
5. Add soda quenched with vinegar to flour.
6. Dissolve 0.5 tablespoon of salt in 150 milliliters of warm water, pour into flour.
7. Knead the dough, put it in a bowl, cover it with a towel and leave for 30 minutes.
8. Form balls with a diameter of 6 centimeters from the distanced dough with your hands (the weight of each ball is 30 grams).
9. Sprinkle the table or cutting board with flour. On a floured surface, roll out each ball into a 3 mm thick cake.
10. Dust the table or cutting board periodically with flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the surface.
11. Heat the pan for 1.5 minutes, pour in vegetable oil or put melted butter.
12. Put each cake individually in a pan and fry for 2 minutes over medium heat on each side until golden brown.
Remove the cake from the pan and put it on a dish, continue frying the next cake in the same oil.
– Calorie content of cakes fried in oil – 245 kcal / 100 grams.
– Ready-made cakes are stored in cling film or a plastic bag in a dark, cool place or refrigerator for no more than 2 weeks.
– Instead of wheat flour for making cakes, you can use rye, oatmeal or bran flour.
– In the finished cake, you can wrap low-fat cottage cheese with chopped herbs or chopped vegetables sprinkled with soy sauce.
– Sour cream-garlic sauce with herbs will give a special taste and softness to the cakes: squeeze 2 cloves of garlic through a press into 100 grams of sour cream, add finely chopped herbs (parsley, dill, basil, cilantro, green onions) and mix well.
– The average cost of food in Moscow in June 2016 for the preparation of flat cakes (for 10 pieces) is 90 rubles.
– See how to fry Indian chapatis and papadam .
How to fry cakes in a slow cooker
Flour – 320 grams
Water – 160 milliliters
Medium potatoes – 2 pieces
Carrots – 1 piece
Onion – 1 piece
Vegetable oil – 30 milliliters
Baking soda – 1 teaspoon without a slide
Salt – 1 teaspoon with a slide
Greens – to taste
How to fry cakes in slow cooker
1. Sift 320 grams of flour and mix with 1 teaspoon of soda and 0.5 tablespoon of salt.
2. Pour 160 milliliters of ice water into the mixture and mix.
3. Knead the dough, cover with a film or bag and send it to the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
4. Peel 1 onion from the husk, wash it and cut into half rings.
5. Wash 1 carrot and 2 potatoes, peel and grate them.
6. Wash the greens and chop them finely.
7. Pour 30 milliliters of oil into the multicooker bowl and heat it in the “Frying” mode for 5 minutes.
8. Put grated potatoes, carrots and chopped onions on the bottom of the multicooker bowl.
9. Fry vegetables for 10 minutes, stirring them with a wooden spatula.
10. At the end of frying, salt the vegetables and add greens to them.
11. Remove vegetables from the multicooker.
12. Remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator and divide it into 6 equal parts.
13. From each part, form a cake, in the center of which put the vegetable filling.
14. Fasten the edges of the cake around the filling and roll them lightly with a rolling pin.
15. Fry each cake in a slow cooker on the previously set “Frying” mode for 2 minutes.
16. After 2 minutes, carefully turn the cake over and fry the same amount on the other side.
17. Hot cakes can be served with sour cream.