Be sure to boil the rows before cooking for 20 minutes, then fry for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
How to fry rows
Fresh rows – 0.5 kilograms
Water – 2 liters Salt – 1 tablespoon
How to fry the
rows 1. Carefully sort the rows, removing worm mushrooms and cutting off rotten places.
2. Cut off a spine from each row.
3. Look under the hats of the rows and remove insects and forest debris.
4. Put the rows in a saucepan, pour water and add salt.
5. Put the pan with rows on the fire, bring to a boil.
6. Remove the foam with a slotted spoon or a tablespoon – it is important to carefully remove all the foam so that the finished rows do not exude a pungent odor.
7. Cook rows after boiling for 20 minutes.
8. Drain the water through a colander and wait 5-7 minutes to drain excess water.
9. Heat the skillet over medium heat.
10. Pour the oil, roll it over the entire surface of the pan, then lay out the rows.
11. Fry rows with regular stirring for 10 minutes.
12. Salt and pepper the rows to taste, fry for another 2 minutes.
– Optionally, you can add onions, garlic, sour cream, greens to the rows during frying. For a side dish, boiled pasta and fried potatoes are suitable for fried rows .
– If the ecology of the forest in which the rows are collected is in doubt, additionally, before the initial cooking, pour the mushrooms with salted cool water and leave for 2 hours.
– So that the rows do not turn pale during processing, it is recommended to add 1 pinch of citric acid during cooking.
– To smooth out the pungent smell of rows, similar to the smell of radish and stale flour, you can add black pepper, dill and lavrushka. There will be less smell from young medium-sized mushrooms.
– Some types of rows are recognized as inedible or conditionally edible. If the mushrooms have a pronounced unpleasant odor, the appearance is distinguished by a pointed tubercle, the plates under the cap are rare or the surface of the cap is covered with dark spots, then you should never take such mushrooms for eating.
– The broth remaining from the initial processing of mushrooms is not recommended for food.
– Rows belong to the 3rd category of taste (there are 5 in total, the best mushrooms are of the 1st category). Therefore, if there is no place in the basket when picking mushrooms and you see porcini mushrooms, you can safely throw away the rows and take their places with tastier and healthier mushrooms.