Peel raw beets, rub and fry for 20 minutes over medium heat; simmer 30 hours .
Fry the beetroot cut into cubes for 7-10 minutes, then simmer for 20 minutes under the lid.
How to Roast Beets
1. Peel the beets, grate on a coarse grater.
2. Heat oil (vegetable or butter) in a pan.
3. Put the grated beets, fry over high heat for 5 minutes with constant stirring.
4. Pour 1 ladle of water into the pan, cover and simmer the beets for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5-7 minutes.
Serve fried beets with finely chopped green onions, minced garlic, lemon juice, sour cream or mayonnaise. You can decorate with raisins, herbs, crushed walnuts.
Roasted beets are good both hot and cold. Roasted beets can be added to salads.
How delicious to fry beets
Products for frying beets
Beets – 1 kilogram
Onions – 1 head
Garlic – 3 teeth
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
Salt and pepper – to taste
Lemon juice – from half a lemon
How to fry beets in a pan
Wash, peel, rub beets on a coarse grater. Heat a frying pan over medium heat, pour in the oil, put the beetroot and fry, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. While the beets are fried, peel and finely chop the onion, add to the pan with the beets. Reduce the heat under the pan to a quiet, simmer the beets for 20 minutes under the lid. Then add peeled and finely chopped garlic, pour in lemon juice, mix, add salt and pepper to taste. Next, cook the beets without a lid until the liquid has completely evaporated.
Serve fried beetroot with sour cream or mayonnaise.
How to fry beets for borscht
1. Wash the beets from the ground, clean, rinse again.
2. Coarsely grate the beets or cut into thin strips.
3. Tomatoes, which are usually fried for borsch with beets, wash and cut with a knife, immerse in a container with freshly boiled water for several minutes.
4. Remove the tomatoes from boiling water, remove the lagging skin.
5. Cut the tomatoes into cubes two to three centimeters thick.
6. Pour vegetable oil into the pan, heat over moderate heat for 1 minute.
7. Put the grated beets into the pan, fry for 3 minutes, stirring all the time.
8. Put chopped tomatoes to the fried beets, salt with a pinch of salt, simmer, sometimes stirring, for 10 minutes – no longer, otherwise the borscht dressing will lose its red color.
When preparing the roast, you can add not tomatoes, but tomato paste to the beets (instead of each tomato, take 1.5 tablespoons of paste).
How to fry beets for salad
Peel the beets and grate on a coarse grater, fry in oil for 10-15 minutes, then simmer for 10 minutes under the lid.
Diced beets, fry for 7 minutes over high heat with constant stirring, then simmer for 20 minutes under the lid.