Soak volnushki before cooking in salted water for 2 days, changing the water 3 times every day. Volnushki cook for 20 minutes after boiling.
How to cook volushki
You will need – waves, water, salt
1. Spread the mushrooms on a flat surface so that they do not start to deteriorate in the basket from crowding.
2. Go through the waves, removing forest debris and needles from each, removing the remnants of the roots.
3. Fill the waves with cold water so that the water covers them.
4. Cover the pot with volnushki and put the mushrooms in the refrigerator for 2 days, every day (or 2 times a day) changing the water to fresh.
5. Pass the mushrooms through a colander and put in a saucepan.
6. Pour the mushrooms with fresh water – so that the water covers the mushrooms.
7. Put the pot with the waves on a strong fire, wait until it boils and reduce the heat.
8. Salt the mushrooms – for every liter of water, 1 teaspoon of salt.
9. Cover the pan with a lid and cook the waves for 20 minutes with a slight boil of water.
10. Put the boiled waves in a colander and use as directed.
– Volnushki are agaric mushrooms, and therefore they are especially fragile and tender. Volnushki must be processed immediately after collection and this should be done very carefully.
– Volnushki are bitter because of the milky juice – and so that they do not taste bitter in the finished dish, they are soaked in water.
– Volnushki are used for salting or pickling. Due to the rigid structure of mushrooms, they are not used as a side dish, as well as an ingredient in salads and soups.
– Wavelets grow among birches and in mixed forests, the wave season is from mid-July to mid-September.
– Volnushki can be distinguished by the pinkish color of the cap and the circles extending from the center of the cap. From these waves and the name of the fungus – volnushka.
– Caloric content of the wave – 35 kcal / 100 grams.
How to pickle waves
What you need for marinating volnushki
per 1 kilogram of volnushki
Water – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 tablespoon
Vinegar 9% – half a glass
Cloves – 3 buds
Peppercorns – 10 peas
Bay leaf – 2 leaves
Onion – 1 small head
Salt – 1 tablespoon
How to pickle volushki
1. Wash and clean volushki.
2. Boil the mushrooms in salted water.
3. Put the water on the fire, put the onion, spices, salt and sugar.
4. Cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms and vinegar to the marinade.
6. Cook for 15 minutes.
7. Put the mushrooms in jars with a slotted spoon, pour over the marinade and roll them into jars.
How to salt waves
Volnushki – 1 kilogram
Salt – 2 tablespoons per 1 kilogram of volnushki Peppercorns
– 10 peas
Lavrushka – 2
leaves Currant leaves – 2
leaves Horseradish leaves – 2 sheets
How to pickle volnushki
1. Clean volnushki, soak in salted water, boil.
2. Drain the water.
3. Put the waves in a bowl in layers, sprinkling with salt and spices.
4. Put the waves under the yoke of 3-4 kilograms for 2 days.
5. Put the waves in a jar, cover with horseradish and currant leaves, and pour over the juice from the salting of the waves.
Volnushki are salted for a month and a half.
Salty volnushki are served as an appetizer with fresh onions and dill; used in stir-fries, soups and salads.