Boil the uzvar for 20 minutes after boiling over low heat, then leave for 3 to 12 hours. The longer the boiled uzvar is infused, the tastier it is.
In a slow cooker, cook the uzvar for 20 minutes in the “Extinguishing” mode.
How to cook uzvar
Pour 300 grams of dried fruits (dried apricots, raisins, dried apples and pears, prunes if desired) with cold water and rinse thoroughly. Pour 1 liter of water into a saucepan, put on fire, bring to a boil, put dried fruits in water, cook for 20 minutes over low heat under a lid. At the end of cooking, add sugar or honey. Insist uzvar after cooking for 12 hours. Before serving, the knot can be filtered. You can decorate the knot with a lemon.
– Uzvar is a traditional Ukrainian drink made from dried fruits and berries, but in fact – a compote with dried fruits. In the process of cooking, they are only brought to a boil and insisted – in other words, they are brewed. This is where the name of the drink comes from. By the way, he gained his popularity not only in Ukraine. It has long been prepared in the southern regions of Russia, for example, in the Voronezh region.
– As a rule, in the old days, uzvar was prepared for Christmas Eve – January 6th. It was believed that this drink is a symbol of the approaching Christmas. It is a long tradition to cook uzvar in honor of the birth of a child. Dried fruits and berries in ancient times were perceived as a symbol of fertility, honey, which was sometimes added to this drink, as a symbol of the sweet life. And all together – the hope for happiness and prosperity.
– Even very sour dried apples can be used as dried fruits to prepare uzvar. During the cooking process, excess acid will soften and will not be felt at all in the bowl. At the same time, sugar is added in proportion as for ordinary compote.
“Uzvar is not only very pleasant to the taste, but also insanely useful. It has excellent healing properties – it has a beneficial effect on blood vessels and normalizes the activity of the gastrointestinal system, and is also used as an anti-inflammatory agent. For women, such a drink will be especially useful, as it is believed that it prolongs youth and beauty. In addition, regular use of uzvar helps to eliminate toxins and salts of heavy metals from the body. And due to the properties of its constituent dried fruits, it is also an excellent tonic. Uzvar charges the body with energy and vitality for the whole day.
Variants of dried fruit sets for uzvar per 1 liter of water:
1) 100 grams of apples, 100 grams of pears, 100 grams of prunes;
2) 100 grams of apricots, 100 grams of raisins and 100 grams of cherries;
3) 300 grams of wild rose;
4) 200 grams of prunes, 100 grams of apples.