Cook whole sturgeon for 10 minutes . Portioned pieces of sturgeon are boiled for 5-7 minutes . In a double boiler, cook whole sturgeon for 20 minutes , pieces – 10 minutes . In a multicooker, cook sturgeon in pieces for 10 minutes on the “Extinguishing” mode.
How to cook sturgeon
You will need – sturgeon, water, salt, herbs and spices to taste
1. Sturgeon, if bought alive, put to sleep: to do this, put it in the freezer for 1 hour.
2. Boil a kettle of water to make cleaning the fish easier. If there is a lot of sturgeon (more than 1 kilogram), it is recommended to boil a pot of water.
3. Rinse the sturgeon, pour boiling water over the skin to remove the mucus, and start scraping off the skin with a sharp knife, moving from tail to head. Where it is difficult to clean off – pour boiling water over and try again.
4. Make an incision along the belly of the sturgeon, not going too deep with a knife, so as not to open the fish gallbladder, which can make the sturgeon taste bitter.
5. Move the insides of the sturgeon to the head and cut with a knife.
6. Cut off the head, and if the fish is not large, pull out the screech (spinal cartilage). If the sturgeon is large (more than 2 kilograms), then cut out the dorsal cartilage, moving along the cartilage on both sides.
7. Cut off the fins with a sharp knife, chop off, saw off or remove the head and tail with pruners (it is convenient to hold the fish by the head when cleaning, so it is removed at the very end).
8. If the sturgeon is served at the table after cooking, it should be cut into pieces 2-3 centimeters thick before cooking, because. whole fish will fall apart when cut.
9. Heat water in a saucepan, put the sturgeon in pieces or whole, cook for 5-10 minutes from the start of boiling.
Is it necessary to remove the vizig?
The screech serves as the backbone of the sturgeon, it bites like cartilage. Screech is not harmful to health, but it is important to consider:
1. Chilled screech deteriorates faster than fish, so if the fish has been chilled for several days, you can get poisoned by screeching.
2. A squeal, which in structure resembles a hose filled with moisture and air, can explode due to temperature and tear the fish apart.
Summarizing the above: the screech can be left on if the fish is definitely fresh and if it is cooked in pieces.
By the way, in the old days they prepared stuffing for pies from screeching, so rumors about its toxicity can be considered false.
Sturgeon with horseradish sauce
Sturgeon – 1 kilogram
Onion – 1 large head or 2 small ones
Carrots – 1 piece
Bay leaf – 3 leaves
Peppercorns – 5-6 pcs.
Chicken eggs – 2 pieces
Sour cream – 3 tablespoons
For the sauce: horseradish – 100 grams, sunflower oil – 1 tablespoon, flour – 1 tablespoon, sour cream – 200 grams, sturgeon broth – 1 cup, dill and parsley – 30 grams, tablespoon spoon, lemon juice – 2 tablespoons, salt, sugar – to your taste.
How to cook sturgeon with sauce
1. Peel and finely chop onions and carrots, cook in a saucepan with 2 liters of water.
2. Pour boiling water over sturgeon on all sides, peel, gut and put to vegetables and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Boil 2 chicken eggs in a separate saucepan.
4. While sturgeon and eggs are cooking, mix flour and butter, add fish broth and add grated horseradish (or ready-made horseradish, but then less broth), salt, sugar and lemon juice.
5. Put on fire, bring to a boil, put in a bowl, add sour cream and finely chopped boiled chicken eggs.
6. Serve the fish sliced, poured with sauce and generously sprinkled with herbs.
Recipe for steam sturgeon with champignons
Sturgeon – 1 piece
Mushrooms – 150 grams
Flour – 2 tablespoons
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Butter – 1 teaspoon with a slide
Ground black pepper, salt – to taste.
How to cook steam sturgeon
1. Rinse the sturgeon, peel, scald with boiling water, cut into portions and put in a small saucepan – a layer of fish, then chopped fresh champignons on top, can be in several layers. 2. Salt and pepper each layer of food.
3. Add water and cook for 10 minutes after boiling over low heat under the lid.
4. Pour the broth into a bowl, put on fire, bring to a boil. Add a tablespoon of flour, a tablespoon of vegetable oil to the sauce, and while stirring, cook for another 3-4 minutes, remove from heat.
5. Salt the sturgeon broth sauce, add butter and strain.
6. Serve steamed sturgeon with fresh vegetables and sauce.