Sterl gut, cut off the head and tail, put in a pot of boiled water and cook for 15 – 20 minutes. Salt at the end of cooking.
How to cook sterlet
You will need – sterlet, water, salt, herbs and spices to taste, a knife for cleaning fish
1. Clean the sterlet from scales, cut off the head, tail, large fins from the back, small ones from the sides and belly, making cuts from the side of the tail.
2. Make an incision on the belly of the fish from tail to head, remove the insides, rinse the sterlet with cool water inside and out.
3. Put the sterlet in a saucepan, pour cold water over so that it completely covers the sterlet pieces.
4. Put the pan with the fish on medium heat, wait for it to boil, cook for 15-20 minutes.
5. Salt to taste a few minutes before the fish is ready.
How delicious to cook sterlet
Fresh sterlet – 500 grams
Fish broth – 400 milliliters
Olive oil – 50 milliliters
Olives – 7 pieces
Lemon – a quarter
Horseradish (root) – 3 centimeters
Salt – half a teaspoon
How to cook sterlet with olives
1. Peel the sterlet, gut it, remove the head, tail, fins, rinse in cool water.
2. Cut the fish into several identical pieces.
3. Pour olive oil into the pan, place over medium heat, fry the sterlet pieces for several minutes on both sides.
4. Cut a quarter of a lemon into several equal slices, remove the seeds, cut the zest.
5. Put the fried sterlet pieces in a saucepan, add lemon slices, olives, pour fish broth, place over medium heat, bring to a boil.
6. Boil the sterlet for 15 minutes, salt, hold on the burner for another two minutes.
Ear from sterlet
1 large sterlet (from 40 centimeters in length) – 1.5 kilograms
Egg whites – 2 pieces
Onions – 1 head
Green onions – the lower (light) part of the bunch
Lemon – 1 pc.
Garlic, parsley, celery, thyme, parsley, pepper and salt to taste
Preparation of sterlet fish soup
1. Peel and wash the sterlet, cook with chopped greens and chopped roots for half an hour on a quiet fire, removing the foam.
2. Put the boiled sterlet, divide into fillets, cut into small pieces, return to the strained broth.
3. Beat the egg whites, pour into the ear, cook the ear for another 20 minutes.
The golden rule for making sterlet soup is 1.5 liters of water for 1 kilogram of raw sterlet.
To simplify the cleaning of the sterlet, it is necessary to start cutting by cutting off large scales from the back and removing smaller scales with a knife from tail to head. Then you need to cut the abdomen, take out the screech, entrails and gills. Screech is the dorsal cartilage of sturgeons, which looks like a long cord along the fish’s spine. To get it, you need to make an incision near the tail of the fish and carefully remove the screech with a needle. At the end of cleaning, the sterlet must be washed and dried.
Calorie sterlet – 88 kcal per 100 grams.
The price of a sterlet is from 800 rubles. per 1 kilogram (average price in Moscow as of July 2019).
The shelf life of boiled sterlet is no more than 2 days in the refrigerator.
Sterlet is easy to digest and nutritious at the same time, so it is recommended for people with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Sterlet contains a large number of microelements useful for health : zinc (normalizes metabolism), chlorine (improves the functioning of gastric juice enzymes), molybdenum (participates in the production of hemoglobin), chromium (regulation of carbohydrate metabolism), fluorine (building bone tissue).
It will be easier to cut the sterlet if you put the fish in the refrigerator for two hours, then wash and wipe.
Salad with boiled sterlet
Sterlet – 100 grams
Fresh cucumbers (you can use salted) – 2 pieces
Potato – 1 piece
Egg – 1 piece
Cranberry – 15 grams
Apple (preferably green) – half
Sour cream – half a glass Horseradish
root – a cube with a side of 2 centimeters
Salt – 3 teaspoons
Black pepper – half a teaspoon
How to cook boiled sterlet salad
1. Peel the sterlet, gut it, and wash it under cold water.
2. Grate the sterlet with salt, pepper, put on a dish, put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Wash potatoes, do not peel.
4. Pour cold water into a saucepan, put potatoes, place on medium heat, after boiling, cook for 20 minutes until the potatoes soften.
5. Drain the water from the pot with potatoes, leave to cool.
6. Pour 700 milliliters of water into a separate small saucepan, place over medium heat, let it boil.
7. Dip the washed egg into boiling water, cook for 10 minutes.
8. Drain the water from the pan with eggs, pour them with cold water, leave to cool.
9. Wash cucumbers, cut into cubes a centimeter thick.
10. Wash the apples, cut into slices 5 millimeters thick.
11. Peel the cooled potatoes from the skin, cut into centimeter-thick cubes.
12. Peel the eggs from the shell, chop finely.
13. Cut the salted and chilled sterlet into 5 mm thick sticks, remove the bones.
14. Mix potatoes, cucumbers, apples, eggs, fish in a bowl, add cranberries.
15. Wash horseradish, peel, grate on a fine grater.
16. Mix sour cream with horseradish.
17. Dress the salad with sour cream sauce or serve the sauce separately.