Cook the sprat for 5 minutes after boiling. The sprat is boiled whole, even if it is relatively large, and put in cold water or tomato juice. After cooking, carefully handle the fish so that it does not fall apart.
How to cook sprat soup in tomato
Potato – 4 pieces
Carrot – 1 piece
Onion – 1 piece
Sprat in tomato – 1 jar
Parsley – 2 sprigs
Dill – 2 sprigs
Green onions – to taste
Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
How to cook sprat soup
1. Cut potatoes into cubes.
2. Boil water in a saucepan and throw in the potatoes.
3. Cut the onion and carrot into cubes, fry in vegetable oil for 8 minutes.
4. Check the potatoes with a fork, if it has become soft, add onions and carrots to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Put the sprat in the tomato and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Put greens in the finished dish and serve hot.
– The main nutrients – calcium and phosphorus – are found in the scales, ridge and bones of the sprat, so it is recommended to eat the fish whole and unpeeled. Sprat contains a large amount of omega-3 acid and other polyunsaturated fatty acids.
– You can get rid of the specific smell of sprat by holding it in a solution with vinegar and salt.
– Sprat can be marinated, salted, sprats can be made from it and fried in sunflower oil, including breaded flour.
– Sprat can be boiled in tomato or tomato paste for the winter, the cooking principle is very simple: for each kilogram of sprat, 3 carrots, 5 tablespoons of tomato paste or 5 tomatoes, salt, sugar and spices are taken to taste. Everything is stewed for an hour with minimal stirring, literally in 5 minutes a teaspoon of 9% vinegar is added, rolled up in jars and cleaned in a cold place.