Cook the sorrel for 3-5 minutes, while preserving all its charm. When adding spices, it is important to consider that a large amount of them will muffle the delicate taste of sorrel.
Easy Sorrel Soup Recipe
Ingredients for making sorrel soup
Fresh sorrel – 300 grams (1 large bunch)
Potatoes – 3 medium-sized potatoes
Onion – 1 head
Tomato – 2 medium-sized or 8 cherry tomatoes
Chicken eggs – 2 pieces
Greens and spices – to taste.
Chicken breast with skin – 1 piece (about 1 kilogram).
Recipe for sorrel soup Cook
chicken for 20 minutes in 4 liters of water, remove, chop and return. Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes, cook in a soup pot for 10 minutes. Add chopped onion (or chopped) and chopped tomatoes (just cut cherry tomatoes in half), cook for 3 minutes. Add 2 mixed (yolks with whites) eggs, slowly, in a thin stream, pour into the pan. Add hand-torn sorrel. Cook for another 3 minutes, season, salt and let it brew for 3 – 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream and parsley.
Products are designed for a 5-liter pan
How to salt sorrel
For every 100 grams of sorrel – 10 grams of salt.
Preparing salted sorrel for the winter
1. Cut the sorrel stalks, rinse the leaves thoroughly under cold water, dry, finely chop.
2. Sterilize jars, dry thoroughly.
3. Stir the sorrel with salt, put, tamping, into glass jars and roll up the lids.
The benefits and calorie content of sorrel
– There are a lot of vitamins in fresh sorrel – carotene (vitamin A), B1, B2, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), E, K, PP and important for the human body magnesium, iron, sodium, nickel, strontium, fluorine, zinc, copper .
– In folk medicine , sorrel is considered a hemostatic, blood-purifying, antiscorbutic, analgesic. Sorrel is also used to treat colitis, enterocolitis, anemia, and back pain.
– Calorie content of fresh sorrel – 19 calories. Calorie boiled sorrel – 15 calories.