Boil Romanesco cabbage for 10 minutes after boiling water.
How to cook romanesco soup
Romanesco – 500 grams
Water – 1 cup
Potatoes – 4 pieces
Celery – 1 piece
Carrots – 2 pieces
Onions – 1 head
Butter – 150 grams
Flour – half a glass
Milk – 3 cups
Cheese – 200 grams
Salt and pepper – to taste
How to cook soup with Romanesco
1. Pour 1 cup of water into a saucepan, put on fire and bring to a boil.
2. Wash Romanesco and chop finely.
3. Peel and finely chop the potatoes.
4. Wash and chop the celery.
5. Peel and finely chop the carrots, peel and finely chop the onion.
5. Put Romanesco, potatoes and celery in a saucepan.
6. Cook for 15 minutes.
7. Melt 150 grams of butter in a saucepan over low heat.
8. Gradually adding flour to the butter, constantly mix until a single mass is formed.
9. With constant stirring, keep on low heat for 2 minutes.
10. Turn off the heat, add milk and mix with a mixer.
11. Return the pan with the creamy mass to the fire, hold for 2-3 minutes until thickened, but do not bring to a boil.
12. Add vegetables along with broth, salt and pepper.
13. Grate the cheese into the pan, stir until melted.
14. Grind the soup into a puree with a blender.
15. Slightly warm the soup, stirring constantly, over medium heat.
Romanesco cabbage was specifically bred by scientists by crossing cauliflower and broccoli. To taste, Romanesco cabbage is very similar to cauliflower, but it has original texture qualities and a delicate aroma.
– Romanesco cabbage appeared on the Russian market / at the beginning of the 2000s. The cost of fresh Romanesco cabbage is from 400 rubles / 1 kilogram (on average in Moscow as of June 2017).
– Calorie Romanesco cabbage – 25 kcal / 100 grams.