Cook caviar from semolina for 35-40 minutes.
How to cook semolina caviar
Tomato juice – 250 milliliters
Semolina – 200 milliliters
Vegetable oil – 250 milliliters
Herring fillet – 500 grams
Bulb onion – 1 large head
How to cook caviar from semolina
1. Pour 250 grams of tomato juice and 250 grams of vegetable oil into a saucepan with a thick bottom.
2. Turn on medium heat and bring the mass to a boil.
3. After boiling, introduce 200 grams of semolina in a thin stream, stirring constantly so that the semolina does not turn into lumps.
4. Reduce the heat and keep the mass, stirring, on the fire until it thickens.
5. Skip 500 grams of herring fillet through a meat grinder.
6. Peel 1 head of onion, wash under running water and also pass through a meat grinder.
7. Combine herring with semolina caviar and refrigerate for 3 hours.
How to make fake caviar
Water – 1.5 cups
Semolina – 4 tablespoons
Vegetable oil – 100 grams
Herring – 100 grams
Carrots – 1 piece
Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
Green onion – to taste
Salt – to taste
How to cook caviar
1. Boil 1 carrot, peel and chop.
2. Bring 1.5 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan and salt to taste.
3. Introduce, stirring, 4 tablespoons of semolina into boiling water and cook until thickened.
4. Grind 100 grams of herring in a blender.
5. Mix semolina, chopped herring and carrots, 1 teaspoon of vinegar, finely chopped green onions and 100 milliliters of vegetable oil.
– It is not necessary to add salt to semolina caviar, since herring, as a rule, is already salty.
– The cost of products for making semolina caviar on average in Moscow for June 2020 is 150 rubles.
– Caloric content of semolina caviar – 187 kcal / 100 grams.