Rasam cook for half an hour.
How to cook rasam
Red lentils – 4 tablespoons
Tomatoes – 2 large and juicy
Chili peppers – 2 pieces
Mint – 3 sprigs
Lime juice – from half a citrus fruit
Baked milk – 3 tablespoons
Garlic – 2 cloves
Seeds of zira – 1.5 teaspoons Ground
cinnamon – 0 .5 teaspoon
Garam masala – 1 pinch
Mustard seeds – 0.5 teaspoon
Cilantro – 1 bunch
How to cook soup
1. Lentils thoroughly sorted, rinsed.
2. Pour the cereal into a saucepan, add water and cook for 7 minutes.
3. Rinse the tomatoes, put in a bowl and pour over with boiling water. Then rinse again with cold water and remove the skin.
4. Cut the pulp of the tomato.
5. Wash the chili pepper, cut the stalk, remove the seeds and cut.
6. Wash and chop sprigs of mint and cilantro.
7. Heat 2 tablespoons of melted butter in a frying pan, add cumin and mustard seeds. Fry them for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
8. Pour chili peppers, tomatoes, spices, mint, cilantro into a container.
9. Squeeze the juice from half a lime, add to the tomatoes with spices and beat with a blender until a homogeneous mass is formed.
10. Pour everything from the container into a pot of boiling lentils.
11. Peel the garlic cloves, finely chop.
12. Add 1 tablespoon of ghee to the pan, heat it up and add finely chopped garlic. Fry 30 seconds.
13. Pour the garlic into the rasam, cook for 3 minutes over low heat with the lid closed.
14. Turn off the fire, let the rasam brew for 10 minutes and you can serve.
Rasam is a traditional Indian dish. It is a vegetable soup, where the main ingredients are tomatoes, chili peppers.
– Vegetable soup is called differently in many parts of India, but the most popular name is rasam, which means “juice” from the language of the Tamil people.
– Rasam in Indian cuisine acts as a separate liquid dish. It can also be served with boiled rice.
Tamarind is a legume. The pulp of the product is used as a spice in Indian cuisine. Most often used during the preparation of liquid dishes.