Cook pear compote for 20 minutes .
How to cook pear compote
Proportions of pear compote
Per 3-liter jar
Pears – 1 kilogram
Sugar – half a glass-glass
Water – 2 liters
How to cook pear compote
Wash the pears, cut them, remove the seed pods and stalks, put them in a saucepan. Pour the pears with water, bring to a boil, cook for 15 minutes over medium heat without a lid. Arrange the pears with a slotted spoon into sterilized jars. Pour sugar into the pear broth, dissolve it, bring the syrup to a boil and pour the pear syrup over. Compote twist, cool and put away for storage.
How to cook a quick pear compote
for 3 liters of drink
Pears – 7 large
Water – 3 liters
Lemon – half or whole to taste and depending on the sweetness of pears
Honey – 2 tablespoons
Sugar (preferably brown) – 100 grams
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Additionally, you can add a little currant for color or plums
How to quickly cook pear compote
1. Pour 1.5 liters of water into a saucepan.
1. Wash the pears and, without peeling, cut into thin slices.
2. Wash the lemon and cut into slices.
3. Put sugar into boiled water and stir until completely dissolved.
4. Put pears, lemon, cinnamon stick.
5. Boil the compote for 15 minutes after boiling again.
6. Cool the compote by placing the pan in a bowl of ice or ice water.
7. Add 2 tablespoons of honey to cold compote, mix.
– If the pears have a very dense skin , it must be removed or the fruits should be immersed in boiling water for two minutes. Cleaning – the skin and seed boxes with vascular bundles (hard fibers running from the tail to the seed box) do not need to be thrown away immediately. It is better to fill them with water and boil for 7 minutes. Next, use the broth to make syrup.
– The color of a pale pear compote will give a handful of brightly colored berries – raspberries, chokeberries, black currants. If halves of pears are used for compote, a rose hip can be added to the recess from the seed box, from which the seeds have been removed.
– On the basis of pear compote, you can prepare non-alcoholic mulled wine , which perfectly warms in the cold. To do this, the drink is prepared with the addition of cinnamon and cloves, consumed hot. Additionally, you can add wine or cognac.
– For compote prepared for the winter, small-fruited varieties of pears are suitable , which can be put in a jar as a whole. In finished form, they will become an original decoration for cakes, desserts, ice cream. Particularly good for cooking compotes are the varieties “Memory of P.N. Yakovlev”, “Severyanka”, “Svetlyanka”, “Skorospelka from Michurinsk”. It is important that the sweetest compotes are obtained from summer pear varieties. Such compotes will be the most useful, and the pears in them will retain their volume and shape. If the compote is cooked from autumn varieties, it is important that the fruit lie at room temperature for several days before cooking the compote. When the pear becomes soft when pressed, you can start cooking the compote. You can distinguish a good pear from a wild one by the thorns on the branches: they are present only on a wild pear.
– When preparing compote for the winter, you can add more or less pears, and depending on this, vary the amount of syrup. It depends on what you want more from compote: a drink or pears in syrup.
– Fresh pears contain coarse fiber, which can cause indigestion. In thermally processed pears, the structure of the pulp changes, which makes them useful even for dietary nutrition. In compote, the taste and smell of pears is enhanced, the fruits retain their shape, their pulp remains elastic and juicy.
– In pear compote, the antimicrobial and bactericidal properties of pears are preserved. The drink is a strong diuretic – it flushes the kidneys and unloads the circulatory system.
– The calorie content of pear compote is on average 70 kcal / 100 grams. This figure is higher, the more sugar is used in cooking.