Time to prepare 10 liters of compote from pears and plums – 40 minutes.
How to cook compote from pears and plums
per 10 liters of compote
Pears – 2.5 kilograms
Plums – 2 kilograms
Sugar – 600 grams
Water – 7.5 liters
1. Thoroughly wash 2.5 kilograms of pears in water; it is not necessary to peel them.
2. Cut the plums into two parts and remove the pits.
3. Pears cut into four slices and remove the core.
4. Put a saucepan on medium heat and pour 7.5 liters of water into it.
5. In portions, 200 grams each, add 600 grams of sugar to the water, stirring.
6. Boil the sugar syrup until the sugar is completely dissolved.
How to prepare compote
1. Put pears and plums into jars prepared for seaming so that they occupy 1/3 of the total volume of the jar.
2. Pour hot syrup into the jars, cover with sterilized lids and immediately roll up the compote.
3. Turn the jars over, wrap them in a warm blanket and leave for a day, then remove the seams in a cool place.
– For making compote from pears and plums, it is better to choose slightly underripe pears, since they will not boil in hot sugar syrup and the compote will turn out to be light and transparent.
– Plums for compote are better to choose varieties of “Hungarian” or similar varieties of plums, since they are more fleshy and fragrant and the compote will be saturated.
– For pear compote and plums for 2.5 liters of water, 200 grams of sugar is required.
– Calorie compote from pears and plums – 74 kcal / 100 grams.