Boil whole notothenia for 10 minutes . Boil fillet of notothenia for 5 minutes .
For a couple or in a double boiler, cook notothenia for 15 minutes .
How delicious to cook notothenia
– 4 carcasses
Potatoes – 6 pieces
Onions – 2 heads
Carrots – 1 large
Tomato paste – 2 tablespoons
Red, black pepper and paprika – to taste
Seasoning for fish – 2 teaspoons
Salt – 1-2 teaspoons to taste
Vegetable oil – 4 tablespoons
How to cook notothenia for the second
1. Wash the fish, scrape off the scales, gut and rinse from the inside.
2. Cut each fish into 3 parts – if the fish is very small, then into 2. Grate the pieces with salt and spices, leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Peel and chop onions and carrots.
4. Pour oil into a thick-walled pan or cauldron, heat it up, put the fish in and fry until golden brown for 5 minutes over medium heat without a lid, regularly turning the pieces over.
5. Add onions and carrots, fry for another 5 minutes, stirring.
6. Peel the potatoes, chop coarsely, put in a saucepan and mix.
7. Pour in water – so that it covers the dish, add tomato paste and add salt.
8. After boiling, reduce the fire – the water should only boil a little.
9. Close the pan with a lid, cook for 20 minutes.
Notothenia is a medium-sized, but very nutritious fish, with a calorie content of 150 kcal / 100 grams.
Notothenia boiled with spices can be served simply on a plate – it has a self-sufficient taste.
Notothenia is well suited for cooking fish soup. In order for the fish to transfer all the richness to the broth, the cooking time should be increased by 10 minutes. It is important that the broth remains rich during cooking.