Boil navaga for 10 minutes. For navaga soup, cook for 20 minutes for a rich broth.
How to cook saffron cod
You will need – saffron cod, water, salt, herbs and spices to taste
1. Wash saffron cod, gut, remove fins, head and tail. It is not necessary to clean the saffron cod before cooking. If there is milk, then leave them. Small saffron cod can not be gutted.
2. Remove blood clots from the ridge so that the fish does not taste bitter.
3. Put the navaga in a pot of boiling water, add salt and pepper.
4. Boil saffron cod for 10 minutes.
How to cook saffron soup
Per pan 4 liters
Navaga – 2 fish per 0.7 kilograms
Potatoes – 3 pieces
Carrots – 1 piece
Dill and parsley – a few branches
Green peas – 1 small jar
Chicken eggs – 2 pieces Peppercorns
– 10 pieces
Lavrushka leaves – 2 pieces
How to cook navaga soup
1. Wash the fish, cut off the heads, remove blood clots and wash.
2. Put the fish in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
3. Put on the fire and bring the water to a boil, during this time peel and cut the onions and carrots into circles.
4. Add onions and carrots to the pan, cook the fish with salt and all spices for 15 minutes, at this time peel the potatoes.
5. When the fish is cooked, fish it out of the pan, add the potatoes.
6. Cool slightly and divide into fillets, return the fillets to the pan.
7. As soon as the potatoes are cooked, add green peas, cook everything together for 3 minutes, at this time chop the greens.
8. Serve the soup sprinkled with herbs.
Navaga is a cod cold-water fish. In Russia, the Far Eastern saffron cod is common, mainly found in Siberia.
The weight of navaga is 350-600 grams, about 250-500 grams of fillet is obtained from 1 fish.
Another name for navaga fish is vahnya.
Navaga is a predatory fish. Its meat has a rich taste. Usually navaga is fried or baked, but with a large amount of fish, a very nutritious fish soup is obtained.