Frozen gray lobsters are boiled for 15-20 minutes . If the lobsters are red, they are already boiled, they just need to be placed in water and bring the water to a boil.
Cook langoustines for 3-5 minutes.
How to cook lobsters
1. Inspect lobsters: red lobsters have already been cooked, they were frozen after heat treatment; and if the lobsters are gray, then they were frozen alive.
2. Pour water into the pan with a margin, add 1 teaspoon of salt for each liter of water.
3. Put on gloves so as not to cut yourself with claws, lay out the lobsters, wait for the boil and cook the lobsters for 15-20 minutes if they are fresh, and 5 minutes if they are boiled-frozen.
When cooking langoustines, pay attention to the color of the scales:
green: cook in boiling water for 3 minutes until the chitinous cover turns red;
reds (boiled-frozen): 2 minutes in hot water is enough.
4. Remove the lobsters from the water, serve.
Serve lobsters with oyster or soy sauce.
The fastest and most popular recipe for lobsters for a snack is boiling in broth with lemon, salt and spices (pepper, cloves, bay leaf). Spices from the shell during cleaning will also fall on the meat, which will give a special taste and aroma. If desired, you can cook already peeled langoustines: then you should put them in boiling water for no more than 15 seconds.
Fun facts about spiny lobsters
– Lobsters and langoustines have no differences in cooking and are “relatives”, but we note that these are different seafood. Spiny lobsters can be very large and resemble crayfish , only spiny lobsters lack fleshy mites. And langoustines are like huge shrimp , 2 palms long.
– When cooking, lobsters do not require the addition of spices at all: the meat is very soft and tender. Boiled lobster meat can be dipped in fish or soy sauce, or poured with orange juice.
– Checking the lobster for readiness is very simple: fully cooked white meat.
– In the lobster they eat everything except the legs and chitin, in the lobster there is practically no intestinal debris.
– Lobsters are low in calories (90 calories per 100 grams).
– The content of lobsters (per 100 grams) – 17 grams of protein, 2 grams of fat.
– Spiny lobsters do not contain carbohydrates at all.
– Lobsters are rich in calcium, magnesium, copper and iodine.