Dip the tiger prawns in a pot of salted water and cook for 5 minutes after boiling.
How to cook tiger prawns
1. Shrimps, if frozen, defrost.
2. Pour a small amount of water into a saucepan, bring to a boil, add salt (1 teaspoon of salt per 1 liter of water).
3. Add pepper to water.
4. Put the shrimp in the water.
5. Drain the water. Boiled tiger prawns are ready!
– Caloric content of tiger prawns – 89 kcal / 100 grams.
– The name “tiger prawns” was not chosen by chance, as they have a unique shell color – there are stripes across the tail.
– In stores you can see three types of tiger shrimp:
1) ordinary – crustaceans are small in size, reach a length of up to 20 centimeters, their average weight is 40 grams (compared to other products, one shrimp weighs like one medium-sized egg). A distinctive feature of ordinary tiger shrimp are transverse stripes on the tail. In females they are green, and in males they are pink;
2) green – this variety is large in size. Shrimp can reach a length of 23 to 32 centimeters. In addition to the dark stripes on the tail, they are light brown in color with small green patches;
3) black tiger prawns are considered the largest – up to 36 centimeters, and their weight can reach up to 500 grams. A distinctive feature is the color – light transverse stripes are visible on the black shell.
– The choice of shrimp should be taken carefully. If there is a choice between packaged and bulk products, then tiger prawns in their original packaging should be preferred. A high quality product will have a neutral, uniform gray color. If white spots are noticeable, then the shrimp are of poor quality, it is possible that the temperature regime was violated during their maintenance or transportation. The tail of the crustacean should be tightly twisted, and the shell should shine. At the same time, you should avoid buying a product with black heads, yellow meat, as this is a sign that the individual was sick during life. If you buy a product frozen by the glazing method, then you need to choose such shrimp, in which the glazing layer is the smallest, while it should not be damaged.
– Repeatedly, after defrosting, tiger prawns cannot be frozen . Firstly, the product will lose its nutritional qualities, taste. Secondly, it will lose its shape, appearance.
– Before cooking tiger prawns, they must be defrosted . “Emergency defrosting” and soaking in warm water is completely excluded, as the meat is very tender and delicate. The product must be thawed gradually at room temperature.
— Frozen tiger prawns are stored in the freezer. The shelf life of processed foods is 4 days in the refrigerator.
– The cost for June 2017 varies between 700-1500 rubles / 1 kilogram. The price directly depends on the type of tiger shrimp and size.
Salad with tiger shrimps
Tiger prawns – half a kilo Seedless
grapes – 300 grams
Sweet melon – half a kilo
Lemon – 1 piece
Sweet mustard – 1 tablespoon
Fresh mint – 1 sprig
Green salad – a few leaves
Olive oil – 1/5 cup
Salt – 1 tablespoon
How to make tiger prawn salad
1. Place 10 grapes (checking them for pits) and mustard in a blender, pour in olive oil, squeeze lemon juice, chop mint.
2. Grind food into sauce.
3. Boil water in a saucepan, then put the shrimp, salt the water.
4. Wash the grapes, dry them a little and cut each berry in half, remove the seeds.
5. Wash and dry the melon, cut off the peel and remove the seeds.
6. Cut the melon into small cubes.
7. In a bowl, mix the grapes, melon pieces and shrimp.
8. Drizzle the tiger prawn salad with dressing and mix well.
9. Line a salad bowl with green lettuce leaves, put a salad with tiger prawns on top – and you can serve.