Boil the turkey for jelly in a saucepan for 5 hours, in a pressure cooker for 1 hour.
How to cook jellied turkey
Neck – 2-3 pieces
Shank – 1 piece
Onion – 2 medium-sized
Carrots – 1 large
Allspice – 3-5 peas
Water – 2.5 liters
turkey jellied recipe
- Rinse the meat products and place in a saucepan.
- Soak food in water for half an hour.
- Drain the water and pour new water in order to get a minimum of foam during cooking.
- Bring water to a boil.
- After boiling, adjust the stove so that the water boils to a minimum.
- After three hours of cooking, add carrots, onions and black peppercorns, cut into medium-sized cubes, into the broth.
- Cook for two more hours.
- After 5 hours, strain the broth through a sieve.
- Separate the meat from the bones and chop.
- Add minced meat and vegetables back to broth.
- Grate a clove of garlic into the broth.
- Boil the resulting broth again.
- Put the meat in convenient bowls or silicone molds by about one third.
- Let the broth cool down.
- Pour the broth over the molds and leave to cool overnight in a cool place.
How best to cook turkey jelly
In order for the jelly to freeze exactly, you need to use parts of the carcass with the largest amount of bone and connective tissue. For example: necks, shins, small segments from wings and even stomachs.
High temperatures can disrupt the gelling processes, so the broth should be cooked at a minimum heat.
Pour water in such a way that the liquid covers the meat products by about two phalanges of the fingers.
You need to salt the broth for jelly a little more than you usually salt the soup.
Jellied meat is best combined with mustard, horseradish and even wasabi left over from the last time you ordered delivery rolls.
You can combine turkey meat with chicken meat. Of chicken offal, not only necks and drumsticks are suitable for jelly, but you can also add delicious scallops, paws and even heads to the broth – very cheap, but rich in connective tissue. Just at the stage of straining the broth, remove the heads and paws from it, then all the household will be satisfied with this dense, fatty and very tender jellied meat.