It takes 7 hours to prepare beef jelly, of which 1.5 hours is the net work time in the kitchen. Jellied meat is boiled in a saucepan for 5 hours.
In a slow cooker, cook aspic for 6 hours in the “Extinguishing” mode.
Cook jellied meat in a pressure cooker for 3 hours.
In a multicooker pressure cooker, cook aspic for 1.5 hours on the “meat” mode.
How to cook jelly beef
Beef on the bone – 2 kilograms
Onions – 2 large heads
Carrots – 2 pieces
Garlic – 2 pieces
Bay leaf – 2 leaves
Peppercorns – 15 pieces
Salt – 2 tablespoons
Water – 4 liters
How to cook
1. Thoroughly wash, using a brush, the meat and bones of the beef.
2. Pour water into a saucepan.
3. Put the meat and bones of the beef into the water.
4. Put the pan on a quiet fire.
5. Add salt, pepper, cook aspic over low heat under the lid, removing foam, 4.5 hours.
6. Add peeled onions and peeled carrots, bay leaves and peppercorns.
7. Cook aspic for another half an hour.
8. Remove the onions from the broth, carefully lay out the carrots – you will need it for decoration.
9. Leave the jelly to cool for 2 hours in a cool place – and remove the top fat.
10. Put meat and bones on a wide plate, let cool a little (you can take it out to the balcony).
11. Strain the aspic broth through a sieve (very important, because bone fragments can separate into broth during cooking) or gauze.
12. Separate the meat and soft parts of the cartilage from the bones.
13. Divide the meat into fibers and put it into molds, taking into account: the larger the mold, the more meat should be put into it.
14. Finely chop the soft parts of the cartilage and put into molds.
15. Peel and finely chop the garlic, sprinkle the meat with it.
16. Put the carrots cut into circles for decoration.
17. Pour the meat with broth, leave to cool.
18. When the jelly has cooled, put it in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
Your beef jelly is cooked!
Meat and bones for beef
Meat for beef jelly must be chosen with a bone that will give up its natural gelatin to solidify the jelly. For jelly, you can use the shank, knuckle, ribs, beef leg, beef tail, head, knee.
Proportions of meat, bones and water
For jelly you need 4 liters of water, 1 kilogram of meat and 1 kilogram of bones. In this case, the jelly will harden without adding edible gelatin. The meat and bones in the pan should be completely covered with water, for this some parts of the beef may have to be cut.
Adding other meats with gelatin
Chicken (legs, thighs) and pork (ears, legs) can be used in beef jelly.
Fire for cooking beef jelly
The fire during cooking should be minimal, but such that the water boils, gurgling a little.
Shelf life of beef jelly Beef jelly
is stored in the refrigerator for 4 days. To preserve the aroma, it is recommended to cover the jelly with lids or polyethylene. To increase the shelf life, jelly can be put in the freezer – there it is stored for up to a month. Then you can simply defrost the jelly or melt it, boil for 10 minutes and let it harden again.
Seasonings for jelly
When cooking, you can add a cinnamon stick, a few cloves, hops-suneli.
What to serve with jelly
Aspic is traditionally served with horseradish or mustard, you can additionally serve adjika and horseradish.
To keep the broth transparent in the jelly, the first broth after 5 minutes of cooking should be drained and replaced with fresh water. In order for the broth to acquire a golden color, the onion must be left unpeeled during cooking.
Cartilage in jelly
Cartilage in jelly is a matter of taste. When pouring jelly, provide a part of the jelly molds with cartilage and a part without them.
The price of products
If you cook jelly from a beef leg, the price of products for cooking according to our recipe will be 330 rubles. (on average in Moscow as of June 2019).