Cook pear jam for 2 hours.
How to cook jam from pears
Proportions of pear jam
Pears – 1 kilogram
Water – 0.5 liters
Sugar – 800 grams
How to cook pear jam
1. Select ripe juicy pears for jam, cut into 4 parts, remove the core and stalk.
2. Put the pears in a saucepan, add water and cook, covered with a lid for 20 minutes until completely softened, removing the foam.
3. Rub the pear mass through a sieve with a pusher or chop with a blender, meat grinder or juicer.
4. Return the pear mass to the pan, cook with gradual addition of sugar for 30-40 minutes until the consistency of liquid sour cream.
5. Pour hot pear jam into sterilized jars, roll up, turn over and wrap with a blanket until completely cooled.
Remove the cooled jam for storage.
Pear jam in a slow cooker
1. Peel the pears, cut each pear in half and cut out the seed box.
2. Put the pears in a slow cooker, add sugar.
3. Set the multicooker to the “Extinguishing” mode.
4. Cook pear jam for 2 hours with the lid of the multicooker closed, stirring every half hour with a wooden spatula.
Pour the finished jam into jars and put away for storage.
Tasty Facts about pear jam
– 10 minutes before the end of cooking, you can add the juice of 1 lemon, lime or orange to the jam; 2 tablespoons crushed peels of these fruits.
– Spices such as cloves, cardamom and cinnamon are great for pear jam – they should be added at the beginning of cooking.
– From 1 kilogram of peeled pears, a pound of jam is obtained.
– The readiness of pear jam is determined as follows: if a drop of jam spreads on a plate, then the jam must be boiled for another 10 minutes. When the droplets of jam stop spreading over the surface of the plate – the jam is ready!