It will take 3 hours to make strawberry jam.
How to cook jam from strawberries
Strawberries – 1 kilogram
Sugar – half a kilo
Water – half a liter
How to cook strawberry
jam Ripe juicy berries are suitable for jam. Wash strawberries, remove stems. Put the strawberries in a saucepan or bowl for cooking jam, pour in water and cook over low heat for 40 minutes.
Grind boiled strawberries in mashed potatoes, dilute sugar in it and cook, stirring, for 2 hours.
After cooking, pour the jam into sterilized jars, close, cool and put away for storage.
How to cook strawberry jam in a bread machine
1. Free strawberries from the stalks, put in a colander and rinse, dipping several times in a wide pot of water.
2. After all the water has drained, put the berry in the bucket of the bread machine.
3. Add sugar and water.
4. Set the “Jam” mode and cook until the appliance is turned off.
Pour hot strawberry jam into clean jars and seal tightly with lids.
How to cook jam from strawberries in a
slow cooker Sort strawberries, rinse, cut into pieces. Put the berries in the multicooker pan. Add sugar and water, mix.
Set the multicooker to the “Extinguishing” mode for 2 hours. Grind jam with a blender and roll into jars.
– If the consistency of jam from strawberries is heterogeneous, which often happens when boiling unripe berries, use a blender after cooking. You can also chop strawberries before cooking.
– Strawberry jam will be thick if it is boiled for a long time, evaporating excess moisture, but strawberry jam cannot be digested, otherwise it will turn an ugly brown color and lose useful substances. You can reduce the cooking time by adding gelling agents. 10 minutes before the end of cooking, pectin or gelatin is added to strawberry jam, at the rate of 10 grams per kilogram of berries. At the same time, sugar for cooking jam can be taken 2 times less. You can also use fruits and berries containing natural pectin in their composition: apples, oranges, cherries, plums.
– You can use frozen strawberries for cooking. It is important to properly defrost, that is, slowly defrost the berry by placing the bag on the top shelf of the refrigerator. Water, in this case, does not need to be added.
– The readiness of the product is determined as follows: a teaspoon of strawberry jam is placed on a plate, if the jam retains its shape and does not spread, then it is ready.
– The calorie content of strawberry jam is about 240 kcal / 100 grams. The exact figure depends on the amount of sugar used.