Boil pieces of indoo for 1 hour. Boil the whole turkey for 2 hours.
How to deliciously cook indoo in a slow cooker
Young Indian – 1.5 kilograms
Onions – 1 head
Carrots – 1 piece
Apples – 2 pieces
Salt and pepper – to taste
Bay leaf – 2 leaves
How to cook an Indian duck in a slow cooker Cut the duck into
portions and wash, rub each piece with salt and pepper. Peel the apples from the skin and seeds, cut into thin slices. Peel the carrots and cut into thin slices. Onion cut into half rings. Put the onion on the bottom of the multicooker, then carrots and apples, on top – pieces of indo. Lay out the bay leaf. Pour boiling water over the indo-pot to the middle of the food level and close the multicooker. Set the “Extinguishing” mode for an hour and a half.
How to cook indo with sour cream
-duck carcass – 1 piece (2.5 kilograms)
Onion – 2 medium-sized heads
Frozen cranberries – 2 cups (360 grams)
Sour cream 20% fat – 1 cup (250 milliliters)
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Salt, sugar, pepper – taste
1. Wash the carcass of the indochka, gut it, remove the remaining feathers (if any) with tweezers. Rinse the meat again, dry with a napkin and divide into small portions.
2. In a separate container, place 1 cup of sour cream, 1 teaspoon of salt, 0.25 teaspoon of black pepper and mix well.
3. 2 heads of onion peeled and cut into rings.
4. Prepare cranberries: remove from the freezer, rinse with cold water and rub on a coarse grater.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to cranberries and mix well.
6. Put sugar and cranberries in a small saucepan and put on fire.
7. Cook until a homogeneous mass is formed, stirring constantly with a spoon.
8. Bring to a boil, simmer the sauce for 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
How to cook an indoutka in a cauldron
1. Put the cauldron on medium heat, pour in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, heat it up and lay out portioned pieces of meat.
2. Fry the product until golden brown – 10 minutes.
3. Add the sauce of sour cream and pepper to the cauldron with meat of the Indian, cover with a lid and put it on a slow fire.
4. Cook for 30 minutes. Then open the lid, add the chopped onion to the meat and simmer for another 10 minutes.
5. When the pieces of indouka have been stewed for a total of 50 minutes over low heat, without removing the cauldron from the stove, add cranberry sauce to it, do not interfere, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
How to cook an indoutka in a slow cooker
1. In a separate container, mix portioned pieces of indoutka meat with sour cream and pepper sauce, let stand for 15 minutes.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the multicooker bowl, put the meat with sour cream and onions.
3. On the kitchen appliance, select the “Extinguishing” mode in the menu, set the time to 1 hour and start cooking.
4. After 50 minutes, without stopping the timer, open the lid of the multicooker, add cranberry sauce to the meat, close the appliance and continue cooking.
– Indochkas are sold in large stores and grocery boutiques at a price of 600 rubles per kilogram (average cost in Moscow as of July 2019). At the same time, the weight of the indo is about 3 kilograms.
– Indo-duck is one of the subspecies of the wild duck. Most people think it’s a turkey-duck hybrid, but it’s not. Indochka is a separate and independent species of bird.
– The bird of this subspecies has taken root well in the tropical climate of South America. It is there that you can see the wild species. Despite this, you can keep a bird at home and it does not require high costs and any serious requirements for their maintenance. As a rule, birds are bred with the calculation of 1 drake for 3 females. Birds quickly gain weight and reach large sizes.
– A unique feature when breeding indo-ducks, or as they are also called “musky ducks”, is that the drake is twice as large as the female, can reach 6 kilograms. At the same time, out of 13–15 eggs of one mother hen, most of the hatched chicks are drakes.
– Indoch eggs are much larger than chickens. The weight of one product is 70 grams, while that of a chicken is 50 grams. In a year, a female Muscovy duck can lay about 100 eggs.
– Caloric content of indouka – 250 kcal / 100 grams. For comparison, the calorie content of chicken is 160 kcal, turkey is 195 kcal, then the indicators per 100 grams are much higher and the product is more nutritious (and less dietary).
– Poultry meat has useful properties :
1. The product contains more protein than chicken meat. This gives the product greater nutritional value and calorie content.
2. This meat contains little fat. Due to this, the product is classified as a dietary category.
3. There is a balanced composition of amino acids. They allow you to normalize the metabolism in the human body and give it energy.
– When choosing an indochka, you should pay attention to the appearance of the bird. Muscovy duck skin should be a light beige uniform color. On the surface there should be no spots, damage and unusual swelling, tubercles.
– Indoutka can be stored in the freezer for a long time – a year and a half. At the same time, the meat does not lose its taste.