Eringi (royal oyster mushrooms) cook for 15 minutes.
How to cook eringi
You will need – eringi mushrooms, salted water
1. Pour water into a saucepan, put on fire.
2. Erings wash and clean from possible contamination.
3. Salt water for boiling erings (half a tablespoon per liter of water)
4. Place the eringi in a pot of boiling salted water.
5. Drain the water, put the erings on a plate.
– When cooking , both hats and ering legs are used together, because. they are similar in texture and taste.
– The consistency of the erings is dense, slightly cartilaginous.
– The taste of ering is slightly sweet with a nutty flavor. The taste of erings is often compared with porcini mushrooms.
– When cooked, erings lose about 10% of their weight .
– Erings are stored in a paper bag in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. In an airtight container, erings deteriorate much faster, in 3-4 days.
– Other names of erings are royal oyster mushrooms, steppe mushrooms.
– Caloric content of erings – 40 kcal / 100 grams.
Ering mushroom soup
mushrooms – 2 large
Carrots – 1 piece
Potato – 2 pieces
Onion – 1 onion
Garlic – 1 clove
Fresh herbs – 1 bunch
Water – 3 liters
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Salt and pepper – to taste
mushrooms, dry, cut off the tip of the stem, cut in half.
Cut the halves lengthwise, into thin layers of 5 millimeters.
Wash the carrots, peel and grate on a coarse grater. Peel the onion and chop finely. 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes with a side of 1 cm. Wash the greens, dry and finely chop.
Pour 3 liters of water into a saucepan, lightly salt, put mushrooms in it and cook for 5 minutes. If a small amount of foam forms, remove it.
Pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil into a frying pan, add the onion and fry it until light golden brown. Then add grated carrots, salt, pepper and fry for another 3 minutes, stirring constantly. After 5 minutes of cooking the erings, add overcooked carrots and chopped potatoes to them. Cook over low heat for another 15 minutes.
Serve eringi mushroom soup sprinkled with chopped herbs on top. In addition, you can add sour cream, which goes well with mushroom soup and adds a special creamy taste to it.