Compote from shadberry for drinking boil for 1 minute . Compote from irgi for the winter cook for 10 minutes
How to cook compote from irgi
Irga – 1 kilogram fresh or 1.3 kilograms frozen
Water – 5-6 liters
Sugar – 500-600 grams, depending on the sweetness of the berries
Vinegar 9% – 1 teaspoon
Preparation of products
Rinse and sort out Irgu.
Boil water in a large saucepan.
How to cook for drinking (an easy way)
Put Irgu in a bowl and cover with sugar, mash slightly, transfer to a saucepan. When the water boils, wait a minute to remove the foam and turn off the heat, cover the pan with a blanket or towel and insist until cool. Can be used.
How to cook for the winter
1. Arrange Irgu in sterilized jars, pour boiling water over it.
2. Cover jars with compote with lids (but loosely) and wait 10 minutes.
3. Drain the juice into a large saucepan, leaving the berries in jars, add sugar, mix and bring to a boil, add vinegar.
4. Pour the compote back into the jars, tighten the lids, turn over and wait until the compote cools down.
5. Then remove the game compote for storage.
What combines shadberry in compote
When cooking compote from shadberry, you can add gooseberries, cherries, raspberries, lemons, oranges, red and black currants. Less often, strawberries and cherries are added (if it happened that the irga ripened early).
What irga to take for compote
Sweet juicy shadberry is suitable for compote. If the irga is dryish, it is recommended to add juicy fruits of a bright taste to it so that the irga sets it off.
Taste, color and aroma of compote
The taste of compote from shadberry is rather restrained, slightly astringent. Compote has a bright saturated color, one of the few really dark shades. There is practically no aroma from the shadberry, so it is recommended to add fragrant berries and fruits to the compote, or spices to choose from: cloves, cinnamon, orange or lemon zest, vanillin.