Compote cook for 2 minutes and leave for 20 minutes. The total cooking time is 30 minutes.
Compote of oranges and apples
Per jar 3 liters of compote
Oranges – 2 pieces (400 grams)
Apples – 3 pieces (600 grams)
Sugar – one glass (200 grams)
Water – 2 liters
How to cook compote from oranges and apples
1. Wash the fruit.
2. Cut two oranges into slices 1 centimeter thick.
3. Cut the apples into cubes, remove the core.
4. Pour two liters of water into a saucepan, pour a glass of sugar. Boil.
5. Add oranges and apples to the syrup, after boiling again, cook for two minutes.
6. In a pan with a lid, infuse compote of oranges and apples for at least 20 minutes.
Strain compote or serve with fruit.
Compote of oranges and apples for the winter
3 liter jars
Oranges – 4 pieces (800 grams)
Apples – 7 pieces (one and a half kilograms)
Sugar – 2 cups (400 grams)
Water – 1 liter
How to cook compote from apples and oranges
1. Cut 4 oranges into slices, remove the peel first. If natural orange slices separate well, it is better to simply disassemble them. Cut the peel into pieces.
2. Cut apples into slices. Leave the peel, remove the core.
3. Put oranges and apples into prepared jars, distributing evenly among three jars.
4. Pour a liter of water, two glasses of sugar and chopped orange peel into a saucepan. Boil.
5. Pour syrup into jars filled with fruit (strain from orange peel). After 10 minutes, pour the syrup into a saucepan, after boiling, return to the jars. After 10 minutes, repeat the same steps.
6. Roll up the jars with lids, leave to cool upside down, wrapped in a towel.
Send the cooled jars with orange-apple compote to the pantry – it will be stored for 2-3 winters.
– You can add chopped ginger root to the compote (at the same time as oranges and apples). A 1.5 cm piece will give a savory taste and add vitamins and antioxidants to the drink.
– No need to peel oranges – essential oils will turn into compote during cooking and give a characteristic citrus smell. Apples also do not need to be peeled.
– More vitamins will remain in the compote if you squeeze the juice from oranges before cooking and pour it into the finished drink. Sliced fruit peel is added to the saucepan with syrup.
– If compote is prepared for the winter, oranges are peeled. Zest and albedo – white soft layer contain bitterness, which, during storage, turns into a drink. In order not to deprive the compote of the essential oils contained in the peel, it is added to the syrup at the first stage of cooking, and then thrown away. The described option for preparing compote for the winter is called the “triple filling method”.