Chicken stomachs of mature chickens are boiled for an hour and a half on a quiet fire under a lid, in a pressure cooker – 30 minutes after boiling.
Chicken stomachs or stomachs of young chickens are boiled for half an hour over low heat under a lid, in a pressure cooker – 15 minutes after boiling.
Before frying or stewing chicken stomachs, cook until half cooked, at least 20 minutes .
How to boil chicken stomachs
1. Rinse chicken stomachs under cold water, dry a little.
2. Clean chicken stomachs: cut off fat, films and veins.
3. Put the chicken stomachs in a pot of cold water, salt and put on fire.
4. If foam forms during cooking, remove it with a slotted spoon.
5. Boil chicken stomachs from an hour to 1.5 hours until soft and velvety.
6. Put the finished chicken stomachs in a colander, let the water drain and cool slightly – they are ready to eat.
– Chicken stomachs must be boiled, because without cooking they turn out to be solid and when cooking, the broth is used, into which all the impurities come out.
– Chicken stomachs – inexpensive offal, in Moscow stores from 200 rubles per kilogram. (data as of June 2020).
– Caloric content of chicken stomachs – 140 kcal / 100 grams.
– When choosing chicken stomachs, keep in mind that if the stomachs have a lot of fat, then about half of the purchased weight will have to be cut off. Choose stomachs that are the most devoid of fat.
– The shelf life of boiled chicken stomachs is 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Fresh chicken stomachs for long-term storage must be frozen – then they will be stored for up to 3 months.
– It is important to rinse the chicken stomachs very well, because. they may contain sand, which is very dangerous for the health of the teeth.
Soup with chicken stomachs
Chicken stomachs – 500 grams.
Potatoes – 2-3 potatoes per 200 grams.
Carrot – 1 pc. for 150 grams.
Onion – 1 head per 150 grams.
Sweet pepper – 1 pc.
Oil – a tablespoon.
Recipe for soup with chicken stomachs
Pour water into a saucepan, put on fire. Wash and clean the stomachs, cut each navel in half, put in a saucepan, salt and boil for 5 minutes, then change the water.
While the chicken navels are cooking, peel the potatoes, onions and carrots, de-seed the peppers. Finely chop the onion, fry for 5 minutes, add grated carrots on a coarse grater, add to the onion, salt, fry for another 5 minutes over medium heat without a lid, stirring occasionally. Then add chopped sweet pepper, fry for 10 minutes. Cut the potatoes, add to the soup, cook for another 10 minutes. Add the fried vegetables to the soup, stir, add salt, cook for another 10 minutes.