Cooking time for chicken breast in a saucepan is 30 minutes. Boil the breast in a double boiler for 1 hour. In a slow cooker, steam for 40 minutes. Microwave cooking time is 10-15 minutes.
How to cook chicken breast
Chicken breast – 1 piece
Bay leaf – 1 piece
Allspice black pepper – 3 peas
Water – 1 liter
Salt – to taste
How to Boil Chicken Breast in a Pot
1. If the breast is frozen, leave it at room temperature for a few hours to thaw.
2. Thoroughly rinse the breast, remove skin and fat from it if necessary.
3. Fill the breast with cold water, the water should completely cover the chicken.
4. Put the pan on a strong fire, bring the broth on it to a boil, add salt and spices.
5. Make the fire quiet, with a slight boil, cook the breast with the skin for 30 minutes, without the skin for 25 minutes. You can speed up the cooking of the breast up to 20 minutes if you cut it in half.
6. Put the chicken breast on a plate, it is ready to eat or use in other recipes.
How long to cook chicken breast in a slow cooker
1. Defrost and rinse the chicken breast.
2. Salt, season.
3. Send the breast to the slow cooker, completely filling it with water.
4. In the “Extinguishing” mode, cook the breast for half an hour.
How long to cook chicken breast in a slow cooker for a couple
1. Defrost, rinse, salt and season the chicken breast.
2. Pour 1 liter of cold water into the multicooker container.
3. Place the breast on the wire rack.
4. Boil the chicken breast for 40 minutes in the Steamer mode.
How long to cook chicken breast in the microwave
1. Rinse the breast, salt, season and put in a microwave-safe dish.
2. Completely fill the breast with water.
3. Set the microwave to 800W, 5 minutes, bring to a boil.
4. After boiling, cook the chicken breast for 10-15 minutes.
How long to cook chicken breast in a double boiler
1. Remove the skin from the breast, rinse and dry.
2. Mix salt and spices.
3. Rub the meat with spices and salt.
4. Put the prepared breast into the steamer.
5. Cook for 40 minutes.
How to quickly cook chicken breast in a saucepan
1. Rinse the breast, cut in half, put in a saucepan.
2. Fill the breast with water for 4 centimeters.
3. Bring to a boil, salt and add spices.
4. Cover the pan with a lid and cook the chicken breast with bones for 10 minutes, without bones for 7 minutes.
5. After cooking, leave the chicken breast in the broth for 1 hour.
– To speed up the cooking of the chicken breast, you can cut it into several smaller identical parts. However, the pieces will not be as juicy as a whole breast. A small volume of the pot will also speed up the cooking process due to faster boiling of water. The main thing is that the breast is completely covered with water.
– Chicken breast fits perfectly into the diet of bodybuilders – they boil the breast very often, as it has a lot of protein, which promotes rapid muscle growth. To make the breast taste like the first time every time, before boiling the breast, you can marinate it with lemon and tomatoes, and add various seasonings and vegetables when cooking.
– If the breast is cooked for soup , it is recommended to salt the broth at the beginning of cooking. If the breast is cooked on a salad, then salt the chicken breast should be 5 minutes before turning off the fire, otherwise the meat will be dry.
– In order for the taste of the breast to be more harmonious, you can cook it in vegetable broth . In addition, it is worth adding a few peas of allspice or black pepper and bay leaves, and for a special flavor – a celery stalk or leek.
– To obtain a dietary product, the skin is removed from the breast before cooking, but if left, the meat will be much softer, but also high in calories.
– Calorie content of boiled chicken breast – 150 kcal / 100 grams, boiled breast without skin – 120 kcal / 100 grams.
– Boiled chicken breast is an excellent ready-made dish that can be served with any side dish. It is good to use boiled breast in salads and various snacks.
– Chicken breast is also used for first courses, since oily skin, bones and cartilage give a good fat, and for purely dietary recipes (for this you need to remove the skin and remove the bones).
– The cost of a chicken breast is 200-250 rubles / 1 kilogram (average in Moscow as of May 2016).
– If the breast is to be used in a cold dish, the breast must be left in the broth to cool, without it it will dry out very quickly .
– To choose a high-quality chicken breast, you should pay attention to the expiration date – fresh breast is stored for no more than 5 days. Breasts should be bought in medium size, weighing about 300-350 grams. If the weight is over 400 grams, this indicates that the chicken was supplemented with chemicals.
– To check if the breast is fresh , press on the skin with your finger. If a trace remains on the meat, the breast has been defrosted. Pay attention to the color of the breast: you should choose a chicken breast without bruising, the skin is slightly yellowish.