Cook cherry plum compote for 30 minutes after boiling the syrup.
How to cook cherry plum compote
per jar 3 liters
Cherry plum – 1.5 kilograms
Water – 1.5 liters
Sugar – 400 grams
Preparing products for cooking
1. Sort the cherry plum, select only ripe good fruits.
2. Rinse the cherry plum under running water, then put it in a colander and shake it several times to remove excess liquid from the glass.
3. Pierce each fruit with a needle or cut with a knife.
Cooking cherry plum compote in a saucepan
1. Put the dried cherry plum into a sterilized 3-liter jar.
2. Pour water into the pan, add sugar and put on fire.
3. As the syrup boils, stir the sugar in the water until completely dissolved.
4. Cool the syrup a little and pour it over cherry plum in a jar up to the shoulders.
5. Cover a large saucepan with a towel, pour water and heat to the temperature of the cooled syrup over low heat.
6. Put a jar of cherry plum compote in a pot of water, cook over low heat without boiling, for 30 minutes.
After cooking, roll the cherry plum compote into jars and put it away for storage.
– When cooking compote, you can remove the seeds – then the compote is guaranteed not to be bitter (rarely, but still this happens when cooking cherry plum compote with seeds).
– Serve cherry plum compote cold, with the addition of ice, garnished with a sprig of mint.
– Cherry plum compote will be stored for up to a year if the compote is properly twisted.
– Cherry plum compote needs an infusion time – 2 months after twisting.
– To make the plum taste more pronounced, you can add plum juice instead of part of the water when cooking syrup for compote.
– When cooking cherry plum compote, you can add zucchini or small pieces of apples.
– The season for harvesting plum compote is from mid-July to mid-August.
– Another name for cherry plum is plum tkemali. Indeed, cherry plum is a plum species.
– Cherry plum compote will be many times tastier if you insist it in jars for 1-2 months.
– Varieties of cherry plum for cooking compote: all mid-ripening, Mara, Gek, Tsarskaya, Lama, Globus.