Compote will take 40 minutes to prepare.
How to cook cherry and strawberry compote
For 3 liter jars
Cherries – 600 grams
Strawberries – 350 grams
Sugar – 500 grams
Water – 2.1 liters
1. Sort 600 grams of cherries, remove the stalks. Wash the cherries in a colander.
2. Sort 350 grams of strawberries, remove rotten berries, separate the sepals. Wash strawberries using a colander.
3. Pour 2.1 liters of water into a saucepan, heat to a boil.
Preparation of compote
1. Arrange cherries and strawberries in jars.
2. Pour the berries with prepared boiling water. Let stand covered for 10 minutes.
3. Pour water from cans into a saucepan.
4. Pour 500 grams of sugar there, as it boils – cook the syrup for 3 minutes.
5. Pour berries with syrup.
6. Close the jars with cherry-strawberry compote with lids, put the lid down and wrap with a towel.
Put cherry and strawberry compote in jars in the pantry.
– Jars for cherry and strawberry compote should be washed and sterilized with boiling water or steam.
– From frozen berries you can cook a delicious drink for every day: put strawberries and cherries in a saucepan (do not thaw), add water and sugar. Cook for 2 minutes after boiling, let it brew for 20 minutes.
– Cherry-strawberry compote prepared for the winter will help fill the deficiency of vitamins and help with colds.
– There is an opinion that cherry compote with pits is tastier. Attention: cherry pits contain amygdalin glycoside, a substance that over time turns into a rather toxic hydrocyanic acid. Compote cooked with seeds should not be stored for more than a year. A reliable way to protect the product from hydrocyanic acid is to remove the stones.