Compote will take 40 minutes to prepare.
How to cook cherry and raspberry compote
For 3 jars of 1 liter
Cherry – 600 grams
Raspberries – 300 grams
Water – 2.1 liters
Sugar – 500 grams
1. Sort 600 grams of cherries, remove the stalks, wash the berries.
2. Carefully wash 300 grams of raspberries in a colander.
3. Pour 2.1 liters of water into a saucepan, cook boiling water.
Preparation of compote
1. Arrange cherries and raspberries in jars.
2. Add boiling water to the jars, pouring to the top. Cover with lids.
3. After 10 minutes, pour water from the cans into a saucepan.
4. Add 500 grams of sugar, heat to a boil.
5. Boil the syrup for 3 minutes.
6. Pour berries with syrup.
7. Roll up the jars with lids, turn them upside down, wrap them with a blanket.
Remove the cooled jars with cherry-raspberry compote to the pantry.
– Raspberries, rinsed with water, leave in a colander to remove moisture. You can speed up the process by shaking the colander.
– Cherry seeds contain amygdalin glycoside, which, in turn, contains poisonous hydrocyanic acid, which partially turns into compote during storage. It is better to remove the stones from the cherries intended for cooking compote or, if the compote is cooked with stones, use it quickly.
– Wash and sterilize jars for compote.
– Store jars with cherry-raspberry compote in a dark, preferably cool place.
— Fragrant compote having a beautiful cherry color is a valuable source of vitamins. The berries were not boiled, but only poured with boiling water, which means that vitamins A, C, PP, vitamins of group B are preserved in them (albeit with slight losses). antipyretic properties (raspberry) properties.