Preparation of compote from grapes takes 40 minutes .
How to cook compote from grapes
Proportions of grape compote
Grapes – 1 kilogram
Sugar – half a glass
Water – 1 liter
How to cook compote from grapes Peel the grapes
from twigs, spoiled berries, wash and let the water drain. Arrange the grapes in jars with the expectation that the berries should occupy about half the volume of the jar. Pour water into a saucepan and put on fire. Pour sugar into warm water and stir. Boil the syrup and cook for 10 minutes. Pour jars of grapes with ready-made syrup, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Then drain the syrup, boil again and pour over the grapes again. Screw the jars with compote, turn upside down and wait for the compote to cool completely. Then put away the compote for storage.
1. Calorie compote from grapes – 77 kcal / 100 grams.
2. The most popular grape variety for making compote is “Isabella” or any grape that is used to make dessert wines.
3. Grape compote quenches thirst well after physical exertion due to sourness, and also helps to remove heavy metal compounds from the body.
4. If the grapes are sweet varieties, you can add a little lemon juice to the compote or a quarter of an average apple cut into small bars. To do this, pieces of apples need to be lowered into jars along with grapes. A drink prepared with an apple will have a slight sourness.
5. To improve the taste in compote per 1 kilogram of grapes, you can add 30 milliliters of port or Madeira, as well as 0.5 teaspoon of spices (vanilla, cloves, cinnamon) and peel of one orange.
6. You can cook grape compote with grape branches, which will give the drink astringency.