Cook buckwheat with meat for 1 hour.
Buckwheat with meat
Buckwheat – 1 cup
Pork or beef meat – half a kilo
Carrots – 1 piece
Onion – 1 head
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
Pepper, salt, seasonings – to taste
1. Defrost the meat, wash it, cut out the veins, cut into cubes.
2. Finely peel and chop the onion.
3. Peel and grate the carrots on a coarse grater.
How to cook buckwheat with meat in a saucepan
1. Heat vegetable oil at the bottom of a thick-walled saucepan.
2. Fry the meat for 10 minutes.
3. Put onions and carrots, salt and pepper, fry for another 5 minutes.
4. Add buckwheat and water, cook under a lid over low heat for 30 minutes.
How to cook buckwheat with meat in a slow cooker
1. Put the meat in a slow cooker, put it on the “Baking” mode and simmer in its own juice for 10 minutes.
2. Add onions and carrots to the meat, mix, continue frying on the “Frying” mode for 7 minutes.
3. Rinse buckwheat, add to vegetables, add water, spices and salt. Set the multicooker to the “Pilaf” mode, cook for 30 minutes.
How to cook tastier and faster
Boiled buckwheat with meat in a saucepan is an ideal dish for those who want to combine minimum effort, maximum benefit and perfect taste.
How to cook faster
If there is no time at all, boil the meat in 3 glasses of water for 40 minutes, then add buckwheat, salt and spices – and another 20 minutes. Buckwheat with meat can be cooked in a pressure cooker – 20 minutes, and if the multicooker has a “pressure cooker” mode, then cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
What kind of meat to take with buckwheat
Any lean meat is suitable for buckwheat: beef, pork, lamb. If there is too much fat, just cut it off. For cooking with buckwheat, a turkey is also suitable – breast or thigh fillet.
Pot for cooking buckwheat with meat
Since the meat is fried before cooking, you need a thick-walled pot or cauldron. Instead, you can use a deep frying pan – fry the meat in it with frying, and then simmer with buckwheat over low heat under a lid.