Pour buckwheat with salted boiling water and steam for 4 hours .
How to cook buckwheat without cooking
You will need – a glass of buckwheat, 2 glasses of water
1. Pour a glass of buckwheat into a sieve and rinse thoroughly.
2. Put buckwheat in a spacious bowl. A deep plate is best for half a glass of buckwheat, a saucepan is needed for a glass, and a frying pan for convenient heating and use in other dishes. You can even take buckwheat with you to cook on a hike – if you steam it in a thermos.
3. Pour 2 cups of boiling water, dissolve 1/4 teaspoon of salt in the second cup.
4. Cover the plate with a flat plate and leave for at least 4 hours. The maximum time is practically unlimited, buckwheat can even be left overnight. Just after the buckwheat has cooled, put it in the refrigerator – in the morning it will be ready.
5. Buckwheat without cooking is ready: if necessary, drain excess water.
Buckwheat steamed with boiling water is considered the most useful and is even used in dietary nutrition. Still would! A minimum of intervention of high temperatures and, accordingly, a maximum of initial useful properties. When preparing buckwheat without boiling, it is important to use good quality cereals, because the heat treatment that disinfects pathogenic microbes by steaming will be minimal. For the same reason, grains should be thoroughly washed.
The proportions of buckwheat and water are the same as with the usual method – water does not evaporate with this method, but is completely absorbed into the cereal. If it turned out that the cereal is cooked, and some water is left, just drain it and use the buckwheat for its intended purpose.
Buckwheat is the only cereal that can be cooked without cooking at all. A strategically important product, with a stock available to every housewife. And given the nutritional and taste properties of buckwheat, you can be sure that the stocks will not be lost.
The taste of buckwheat steamed with boiling water is exactly the same as that cooked in the usual way, maybe a little more grainy. To achieve maximum softness, buckwheat can be calcined before steaming: put the washed wet buckwheat on a hot frying pan and heat for 5 minutes with constant stirring over medium heat.
Store steamed buckwheat for no more than 2 days.